Monday, January 20, 2014

Be Mine

I've been crafting up a Valentine storm lately! I've posted a few of these projects so far, but most will be shared in the weeks to come and most were created with Valentine themed paper collections, but what if you don't have one? 


Any brightly colored fun patterned papers will make beautiful hearts...so dust off those punches, grab some thin metal dies or plug in your digital cutter and get going!


For my Be Mine card I used Bella Blvd's Play Date line with a set of heart shaped nesting dies from My Favorite Things. 


Have you seen all the white embossed vellum lately? I love the look, but I don't have embossing supplies so I used some alpha stickers instead.


Ooh la la...I'm in love with hearts right now! And vellum! And crafting Valentine projects! And crocheting!

Speaking of crocheting...in this post I talked about teaching myself to crochet with the help of on-line tutorials. Well, this weekend I learned a little more...


...I crocheted my very first granny square following this tutorial.


Perfect for Valentine's Day, I made my first heart using this tutorial. It's part of a bunting project...wouldn't a bunch of these hearts look adorable strung together? Anyway, the tutorial is taught using a smaller gauge yarn and smaller hook than I did here, but going bigger is great for beginners and practicing.

Hope you have a lovely week!









1 comment:

Ruth G said...

Great card! I love how you made the vellum heart into a "conversation heart"! A very bright and cheery valentine!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Great job with the crochet, too! It's fun to see different crafty things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...