Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bella Blvd. Hand Stitched Cards

Hi!

You popped in on a crafty good post today! I have some Bella Blvd. cards to share with you that include a whole lot of hand stitching.


I love quilts, especially vintage quilts with all the hand stitched fabrics that were often bits and pieces of clothing too worn in places to wear anymore. Quilts that have white backgrounds and colorful blocks of floral prints are so beautiful!  Some of the Bella Blvd. Spring Flings & Easter Things patterns remind me of the perfect fabric for quilting.


All this stitching is calls for a sentiment that includes the word 'sew' in it! A few micro mini buttons and a tiny wooden spool wrapped with thread bring the sewing theme home.


Hexagons are very popular right now, they're so fun and versatile.


These hexagons were cut with the Silhouette die cut machine. The buttons are from Jesse James and the spool is from the craft store. The flag was created with a Papertrey thin metal die and the wood dowel is from Wilton...probably for making lollipops.




Birthdays call for colorful festive cards and the Bella Blvd. Making the Team collection with their bright colors and fabulous side-B patterns are ideal for birthday cards! It's always my goal to show how versatile a themed line can be.


I used the Silhouette to create the yellow background design and some Spellbinders thin metal dies for the circles. The rosettes were made using a Tim Holtz die. The blue star brads are from Doodlebug Designs. All papers, letter stickers and red chipboard stars are from Bella Blvd.




Oh what fun I had with the Silhouette! I picked a grid and circle design for this card. I used the outer part of the grid as a template to line these dots up in straight rows and then stitched a line across each row.


Bella Blvd. Sophisticates papers are a must have because they coordinate with almost every Bella Blvd. collection and they also work well on their own. I really like these stripes!

The three chipboard pieces I used are from three different Bella Blvd. Ciao Chip sets which shows how versatile and interchangeable they are.


What do you think of all this stitching and Bella Blvd. goodness? I really enjoy working with Bella Blvd. products!


I'm off to craft up a storm! Looking forward to sharing my next creation!

Have a fantastic, fabulous, wonderfully great day! :)

Kathy

13 comments:

Laurel said...

Such amazing cards!

Christine said...

Hi Kathy! Your cards are amazing today!! Love all that hand stitching. So did you stitch on a pattern? Would love to know more details! :)

xoxo, Christine

Wendy Coffman said...

I'm a new fan and grateful to have stumbled across your blog - outstanding!

Ruth G said...

Sew cute! I love your stitching! It adds so much wonderful texture and just makes everything so much more homey feeling! The hexagons are so perfect with the stitching, too! TFS!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. All three cards are truly amazing...too hard to pick a favorite!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Amazing!!! Your stitching on the quilted card is unbelievable!!!

cnelson said...

LOVE..LOVE..LOVE ALL of these!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I agree with Christine I'd LOVE to see/hear more about how you were able to create such PERFECT shapes!!?? Did you trace them and then stitch them?? You must be an AMAZING seamstress!! =)
THANKS for sharing I am a NEW follower after seeing these first on the Bella Blvd. blog and I just had to come and find out more about them!! Maybe you can do a video!!?? THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Diana Fisher said...

Amazing, patient work on these! Cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

H-O-L-Y COW!! what gorgeous cards, Kathy! I mean, my jaw is hanging open here! FAB designs. Uh-mazing stitching! LOVE!

Shelley Flores said...

I love the "Thanks Sew Much!"!!! I'm going to use this for inspiration for my sister's birthday card this month... she is an avid quilter. I love my silhouette too! Do you have an embroidery machine? That's the only way I could be so accurate with the hexagons!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOW! This was such an amazing post. So many beautiful projects to see! That quilt card is already on my Pinterest board girlie! LOVE it. I just got some hexagon dies and you have inspired me to get busy. Thanks for sharing with us! XO

Unknown said...

Love these Kathy. Deff. should submit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...