Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Springtime

Hello!

After yesterday's holiday post, let's return to spring, shall we? Ah, my favorite season! Like you don't know that already! I only mention it in every other post! ;)

So...have you noticed all the birds singing in the morning? Those little songbirds are looking for mates and protecting their territories while building nests. This is just one of the reasons I love spring.


Aren't these two love birds adorable?!?!


I'm telling you, you need to treat yourself to some of the new Doodlebug collections like the one I used for this card, Hello Spring! I've been having tons of fun in the craft room since I received my new Doodlebug samples!


The sentiment die cut is from Silhouette and I used a couple Spellbinders shapes to create the frame for my little birds. Everything else is Doodlebug goodness!


These birds remind me of the Carolina wrens that have taken up residence in a little bird house we hung outside the kitchen window. So far we have been watching the pair bring twigs and various materials to build up a nice and cozy nest. It'll be exciting to watch daddy diligently bringing food to mama wren when she lays her eggs. After that, when the babies get bigger, they'll both go in search of food so we'll get to see them come and go constantly. Then, right before the babies fledge, they are big enough to stick their heads outside the nest to grab food. I'm looking forward to watching the entire process!

Thank you for stopping by! Tomorrow I'll have a scrapbook page to share using another new Doodlebug line so I hope you can come back. Until then, have an awesome day!

Kathy :)

8 comments:

Lin said...

Love this card, Kathy! Birds give me happy thoughts - they always seem so optimistic!!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

i love it now I can hear the birds singing too! This card is so adorable Kathy!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is just SO happy and sweet, Kathy! Love that polka dotted paper and love those sweet birdies. Totally fabulous how you did the sentiment on here, too.
This is such a great time of year, isn't it? I've really been noticing the birds singing every morning. Sat and watched a bluebird bringing nest material into one of our bluebird boxes the other day. Always makes me happy to see that.

sherry said...

CUTE.

~amy~ said...

definitely screams spring...so very cute.

Alice said...

this is so sweet, Kathy! love the springy colors!

Diana Waite said...

TOTALLY cute card!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Seriously? TOOOO adorable. Love that sparkly butterfly! Hope you're having a good week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...