Monday, March 26, 2012

Joyeux Noel

Christmas in March? What?!?! I recently created this holiday card to submit for publishing and it didn't get picked up so I thought I'd post it. I like sharing something crafty with you everyday if I can. You win some, you loose some and this card was a no go.


I created this project with the Holiday Style collection from October Afternoon. What a fabulous and fun line it is! It's vintage goodness at its best!


I like adding a few extra doo-dads like this pompom on the lady's hat!


A shinny silver snowflake charm fits the bill.


Since I love dimension, I used adhesive foam tape under the sentiment sticker to give it pop.


Perhaps those of you who live in the northern-most regions still have some snowy cold weather? Actually, winter has been mild all over the states. Didn't Chicago have record temperatures last week? And get this...Los Angeles, land of sun, was cooler than the rest of us! Maybe I should send this card to someone there? lol ;)

My son left for school a little sad this morning. He had a good case of the Monday blues! Poor kid! Hopefully it helps him to know he's not alone! My hubs and I try to teach him by example that you have to put your chin up, face the day and make it what you want. Pretend to be as happy as a bird with a french fry until you find your groove. Easier said than done sometimes.

Kathy :)

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

What? Cannot believe this card wasn't snatched up, Kathy. It is SO stinkin' adorable! I love that line. One of my most favorites from this past year, and I just adore what you've done with it. I'm thinking we'll be seeing this beauty in a magazine yet.
Sorry Christopher was blue this morning. Nik always has trouble with Monday's too. :(

Laurel said...

This is super cute, can't believe it wasn't picked!

Virginia L. said...

This darling card is packed with lovely details! IT SHOULD have been published! I really like how you used the vintage image!! Since I am a Mad Man fan, this card really depicts the time in that era! Hope your little guy came home as a happy camper at the end of the day! Monday is the HARDEST!

Lin said...

This is adorable, Kathy - I really like it. I submitted just 1 Christmas card, too, and it wasn't accepted either, so we are in the same boat....you win some, you lose some.....

~amy~ said...

well, this is just too stinkin' cute...cant' believe it wasn't picked up!

Your poor boy...monday's stink.

Nathalie said...

This card would have worked for us this weekend! It was miserable (for Southern California!) - I love the vintage feel of this card and I can't believe it didn't get picked up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...