Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thanks

Hi!

I'm popping in real quick to share something crafty with you today. If it's gray and rainy in your area, lke it is here, you maybe in the mood for a little craftiness?


I received some happy mail last week, a little handmade friendship pillow so I made a thank you card to show my appreciation.


There's those tags and die cuts again! ;) They appear in just about every project I create lately! Do you go through phases like that? Where you put buttons on everything, or butterflies? Or ink all your paper?


Speaking of buttons...that's another one of my go to embellishments. Here I've added a few vintage buttons and some die cut ones.


Patterned paper by Basic Grey and Crate Paper. Tag by Martha Stewart. Button die cut from Papertrey Ink. Felt butterflies are from Etsy. Letter Stickers are Lilybee Designs.

Well, I'm off to spend a little one-on-one with the hubs. Christopher is at camp this weekend so that means a fancy dinner out tonight! I can already taste the scallops! ;) Yesterday we spent the day on a antique hunt at a couple of our local shops and Goodwill stores. Found an adorable Firkin. Actually, I've been eyeing it for quite some time and finally decided to go for it. Oh and I got a brand new in the box, never used set of Lenox flatware at the Goodwill for just $29! When I got home I looked up the pattern, and it's valued at $200! We only have an 8 piece setting of silverware and so we run out of spoons and forks before we run the dishwasher. I'm thrilled to have stumbled upon this deal! I bet you are excited to read about my new flatware so I'll shut up already and go now!  ;)

Have a super weekend!

Kathy :)

5 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a beautiful card! And I know just who that is for! ;) Love it, Kathy! And I know what you mean about kicks. I'm laughing that I seem to be adding butterflies to every thing I make right now.
So glad you have a free and fun weekend. Dinner out sounds fabulous, as does your day out hunting and prowling. :)

Ruth G said...

Kathy, I love your card! I'm seeing a lot of negative space stuff from you and loving it!
You can talk all you want about the great bargain you found! It's a good reminder about what's available out there if you just look!
Enjoy your time with your hubby!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Cathy. Love the die-cut tag. Neat idea using the negative. Hope you enoyed the scallops. I know I would've! :o)

cnelson said...

Oh sooooooo FUN and FAB!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous use of little things present in home....
Scratch Card
Promotional Cards
print VIP cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...