Wednesday, March 14, 2012

All Star Dad

Hello!

I know it's a bit early to share Father's Day cards, but I was inspired by the Papertrey Ink team to play with my star border die because they have a similar one they are releasing this month. With all these stars you could make birthday, July 4th or all star student cards too.


There's quite a mixture of goods used to make this card. The paper pad sheet and sentiment flag were created with Papertrey Ink dies. The star border was cut using a My Favorite Things die and the large star is an old Sizzix die. The last die, the rosette, is from Tim Holtz. Wow, I used five dies for one little card! Love my dies!


I used up a bunch of left over tidbit accents too! The notebook paper was made with My Mind's Eye 'Follow Your Heart' paper that I cut for another card, but didn't think the color worked. The rosette is a left over from a Doodlebug project and the star pin is old Fancy Pants.


I stitched the inner stars of this border cut. I wanted to see what it would look like and I think it turned out pretty neat. What do you think?


I haven't mentioned yet that the twine and letter rub-ons are a la Doodlebug and that pretty red button is from Stampin' Up...another oldie. Speaking of old...the star was made with Making Memories 'Giggle Kids Boy' paper.

If my hubs weren't such a wonderful supporter and avid reader of my blog, I could give this to him for Father's Day, but I like to make a card special for him...something he's never seen. Maybe we'll send it to his father?

Hopefully you hump day is a good one! We're rounding the bend and heading for another weekend!

Kathy :)

5 comments:

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card!

~amy~ said...

I soooooo adore your card...love the colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

Super fun card, Kathy! All the new star goodies coming out this month are so fun, and I love what you've done with your collection of star goodies. Awesome border. So love all your tiny stitched stars. Fabulous rosette, too.

Niki Estes said...

Oh, what a fun card! I love all the stars especially the stitched border!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Kathy. The stitched stars are fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...