Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dearest Friend

Hi!

Yesterday's leap day Doodlebug blog hop was a great big success all because of you! I really enjoyed reading all of your comments and hopping along together! Thank you! :) Remember, you have until the end of tomorrow, Friday, March 2nd to complete the hop and possibly win one of five brand new Hello Spring collections! If you would like to participate, click here for details.

Today I have a card to share with you. If you've been checking my blog recently, you have probably noticed I've been doing a bunch of projects for the sake of playing around. This is another one.


I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone and try some fun things like this washi tape and stitch work.


Additionally, I'm attempting to use all of my left over scraps and accents. I recently donated most of my stash and don't want it to pile up again! All these layered pieces are from a little drawer I use for leftover bits and pieces after I complete a project.


To create this washi tape design, I simply applied a single piece of tape to the left hand side of my card. Then I used my ruler to create diagonal lines that lined up with the washi tape. The last step was to add more washi tape by lining them up with my diagonal lines. I hope I'm explaining that in a way that makes sense! :)


The washi tape is from Two Peas in a Bucket, the 'play' tag is an  Emma's Shoppe die cut from Crate Paper, the ticket stub and 'Tt' tag was purchased on Etsy. You can find a lot of fun paper craft accents on Etsy! The craft tag is Martha Stewart, the die cut I used for the pennants is from Papertrey ink and the rub-ons, old American Crafts. Buttons are stash items.

I hope you enjoy my card and have a terrific day!

Kathy :)

4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Kathy! Love what you did with the stitching and washi tape. :)

cnelson said...

So adorable! Your stitching is FANTABULOUS!!

Niki Estes said...

Kathy, I love this! All the stitching is such a neat look and I love the vintage inspired pieces!

salmaashiq said...

What's thinking that you can explain by your card i can't understand please explain it..........

Plastic Card
Plastic Cards
Scratch Card Printing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...