Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A New Trend

Hello!

Hopefully your day has started on the right foot. We've made it to the middle of the week and the weekend is within reach. Woot!

I have a crafty share for you today. An idea that came to me after I created the card I posted yesterday, the one with a row of stitched hearts? It seems I've started a new trend of adding hearts to everything! We'll see if they appear on the next project.


I used some more of the This & That collection from Echo Park.


The heart die I used is from My Favorite Things. I really like the shape of this heart. I had to trace and hand cut the negative hearts since the thin metal die is a cluster of three hearts.


I also used a couple of other dies from Papertrey Ink. The tiny tags die was used to make this itsy bitsy heart for the sentiment and a die to make the flag.


The rub on sentiment is from Pebbles, the scalloped border pieces were made with a Fiskars punch and that cute little heart stick pin is old Fancy Pants.







So yesterday I mentioned that I was going to make some Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli for lunch. Oh yum! It wasn't from Weight Watchers after all, it was from Skinny Taste. I'm looking forward to having more today for lunch!




Later yesterday afternoon I baked a batch of Glazed Lemon Cookies. A little piece of heaven on earth I tell ya! They were slightly crunchy on the outside, so soft on the inside and full of delicious sweet tart lemony flavor! These lovely cookies are from Two Peas & Their Pod, not to be confused with Two Peas in a Bucket! Boy am I funny? Not really, but I try! ;)





 Lastly, if that we're enough time spent in the kitchen, I whipped up another dish for dinner called Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Rice from Better Homes & Gardens. This meal was just okay...nothing to write home about. Not bad, but not too exciting or flavorful. And with all the recipes I have pinned on Pinterest, I don't need to make this again.

If you would like to browse the hundreds of recipes on my boards, just click on the Pinterest button on the right hand side of my blog.

Have a great Wednesday!

Kathy

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your use of positive and negatives of the hearts!! Gorgeous card indeed! Your food is so yummy as they make me drool.... and it's not even lunch time!

Jodi Collins said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS Kathy!

Nathalie said...

Love this card Kathy!! The colors and the hearts are very sweet! And that soup looks delicious! (too bad my DS2 doesn't like anything with melted cheese in it!)

Lynn said...

I love this! Your card is awesome!!! Keep that heart trend coming!

Lin said...

Kathy, what a great post today, full of lots of yummies! Keep those hearts coming - love this adorable layout! And all that food is looking so good, especially those lemon cookies!

Lin said...

Me again....is it okay if I pin your cards?

~amy~ said...

love love love.

Audrey Pettit said...

Loving your heart trend, Kathy! What a sweet card! Just makes me happy. And all the food sounds yummy. I finally baked Pete some chocolate chip cookies yesterday afternoon. It's been awhile since I've done any baking. :)

Unknown said...

LOVE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...