Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fright Night and the State Fair

Eek! We're just days away from fright night when all the little spooks creep out of the woodwork and land on our doorsteps asking for candy! Are you ready? 'Cause ready or not...here they come! ;)






They'll be dressed up like these adorable Halloween Parade spooks from Doodlebug.






Isn't Halloween a scream? One of my favorite things about the season is the crafting. Hope you enjoyed my cards!

Another of my favorite fall activities is visiting the NC State Fair. Christopher just happens to be tracked out so we went yesterday.


Here we are looking at all the different fried foods available like Oreos and macaroni and cheese. It's mind blowing! These foods, if you can call them that, are already high in fat and/or sugar and calories, but let's not stop there, let's dip 'em in batter and deep fry them in oil too! Insane, isn't it? lol New at the fair this year is a hamburger with a Krispy Kreme doughnut for the bun! Sound good? Would  you try it? 

Don't get me wrong, we splurged at the fair...we  had hot apple cider, roasted corn on the cob, skin-on french fries, pork sandwiches and ice cream.  And because we now have a cat named Oreo...we tried the fried Oreos. Guess what? I think I'll stick to the plain ones! They were alright, but not worth the extra calories. ;) I should mention, however, that Dan liked them more than I did! Go figure...the guy has never been a sweets person!

Well...back to the craft table today! Hope you have a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

itsallrosi said...

eek! these are so cute!

Lori said...

Really cute cards!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Super cute cards and sounds like an awesome day at the fair. I'm thinking I might like regular Oreos better too and I've heard of burgers with Krispy Kreme buns, but that doesn't sound good to me at all. I'm one of those people who doesn't like her food to touch each other on the plate though. ;)

Ruth G said...

The cards are great fun!

I would pass on the fried stuff, too! My body really doesn't like those kinds of things very well and would much rather have a Snickers bar or some Ben and Jerry's ice cream if I'm going to indulge! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...