Friday, June 8, 2012

It's a Banner Day!

Yesterday my one and only graduated from elementary school! I got all teary when they called his name for an award in science. I teared up again when they called his name for his certificate. I cried when all the students sang Memories. And if those weren't enough tears, I got misty eyed with each teacher and staff member we said our goodbyes to! Many of whom were there for Christopher's entire six years! It's all so bittersweet!

Okay, enough of all that sentimental stuff, how about a crafty share? :)


I love creating banners on my cards and pages, they're just so fun and who doesn't adore banners? When I first saw these sweet die cut tags from the Doodlebug Design Snips & Snails collection, I thought they would make an adorable banner!


Isn't this little green owl the cutest?!?!


I used the Silhouette to make some clouds for the background and then I gave them a hand-stitched border.


The banner string is made of Doodle Twine. Oh I love the many colors it comes in! There's always several to choose from no matter what collection I'm using!


I can't believe Christopher is going to be in the sixth grade in just a month! He'll be attending year round during middle school so he starts on July 9th! Wish us a smooth transition, would you? Change is really hard for Christopher and there are so many changes on the horizon!

Hope you have a great weekend! I'm happy you could stop by today!

Kathy :)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute, Kathy. I love the little tags and the clouds too. I hear you on the graduation thing and getting all teary. My middle just finished jr. high. I only have 4 years left of her home.

Holly Saveur said...

SUPER cute!

Diana Waite said...

change is hard! My boy is going into 6th grade and doesn't do change very well....he will do once he is there it's the unknown that drives him a little batty. GREAT card--it's TOTALLY cute!

Ruth G said...

Kathy, super fun card! I love the clouds and of course, the Doodlebug cuteness!
Wishing your family peace and wisdom and an empathetic and helpful support staff for middle school!

Mary-Anne V said...

such a cute card...love the banner and your clouds.

Alice Carman said...

Super cute Kathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...