Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thanks


Hello! Happy Saturday! I have a Love My Tapes project post for you today. 


Can you tell what this rosette is made of? It's washi tape, Light Green Chevron! You may have heard me talk about applying washi tape to vellum so that you can create die cuts, but maybe you haven't thought about using it for rosettes too? The second tape I used is the Gray/White Diagonal.


I really enjoy creating projects with a mix of goodies! In addition to the washi tape, I've included vintage buttons, a brad, office supply tags, die cuts, a mini paper clip and clothespin.


We're back from staycation. It was fabulous and way too short! I can't believe how fast four days passed! The museums, hiking and antiquing were awesome! Dinners were delicious and the movies hubs picked were outstanding! If you're in the mood for a great movie and haven't seen any of these yet...


The King's Speech


Cinderella Man


Bourne Identity


All About Eve

Temple Grandin

I loved every one of them!

Christopher had a great time at camp! We've been going through all his artwork and notes that his camp counselor compiled for us. He caught a fish, road a horse, went on a safari, roasted marshmallows and swam  everyday. I bet he's going to miss all that fun!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for spending a part of it visiting my blog!

Kathy :)

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, that chevron accordion flower is amazing! I know I saw it over "Just My Tape" already, but I didn't know that flower was made with Washi tape! Love your recommendations. A few of them I haven't seen, so I must check them out this summer! Happy Saturday, Kathy! javascript:void(0)

~amy~ said...

oh so pretty!!

Diana Waite said...

oh, I LOVE this card!

Ruth G said...

Love your washi tape rosette! So pretty and very clever, too!
Glad everyone enjoyed their week! It's always so nice when our kids can enjoy their time away from us. It certainly helps the next time around:-)
I absolutely loved the King's Speech! I'm glad you enjoyed it, too! I definitely need to see Temple Grandin (is it kid-appropriate? Wondering what my 10 yo Aspie son would think...)

Alice said...

love love that you used the negative of die cut for the sentiment. really like all the details, too and vellum+washi tape?? so clever! thanks so much for the inspiration, Kathy! love your fab card! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Swoon...what a beautiful card. You have such a way with combining elements - really such a great eye. Just wonderful! Glad you had a nice staycation and that your son had a great week too! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...