Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh, the Places You'll Fly


Hello! Hope your week has started off on the right foot! Today I have a scrapbook page share using a special photo my hubs captured mid-spring. Isn't this the sweetest baby bird?!?!


This photo was taken just moments after he fledged from the nest outside our kitchen window. We were so lucky to have been there at that moment! See the little wisps of down sticking up from his head and his stubby little tail? This is a Carolina Wren, the adults have much longer tails that stick straight up off their back ends...they look like car spoilers! ;)


I thought this Dr. Seuss title would be cute with the last word changed from 'go' to 'fly.'


I used the Year-o-graphy collection from Simple Stories.


I love all the coordinating stickers and since I'm a texture girl, I attach them with adhesive foam tape for dimension.


Love this banner sticker!


Such a darling little bird! I always have a lot of fun creating pages when I'm working with a photo/subject that's special to me.



Yesterday was the first full day of our staycation. We drove about an hour from home to Selma to go antique shopping. I love Selma! It's like stepping back in time. Old brick buildings, slow pace, and a pharmacy/soda fountain where you can get a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade. You know, come to think of it, I don't think I saw a single person on a cell phone checking messages or surfing the net! Nice to get away from that! :)


This building doesn't look that old from the entrance. I think when it was converted into an antique mall they put in new doors. Anyway, here I am, first stop of the day.


I took 150 photos while walking around browsing all these fabulous old relics! It never fails that when I'm there, I get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff! It isn't until I get home, looking at my photos that I can really take it all in! It's funny! And I always spot something in a photo that I wished I had bought!


I love to eat as much of this as I can while on vacation! It's my favorite! What's a vacation without plenty of ice cream?!?!

Thanks for stopping by! Hubs just got up so it's time to get going. We're taking a hike this morning and then we'll hit the Science and History museums.

Kathy :)

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Adorable photo how lucky to have captured it! Great layout too!

cnelson said...

Looks like a wonderful time! What a FUN and FABULOUS lo! LOVE it!

Ruth G said...

Awesome LO! I love your little downy fella!!! It's wonderful what you can see if you just stop and look around. That is fantastic that your hubby was able to capture that moment!
Enjoy your staycation! Sounds like you're really having a great time together!

Diana Waite said...

that picture is HILARIOUS!! GREAt layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...