Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Friend

How many of you love Papertrey Ink? I adore them! I can't get enough of their stamps and dies! And don't they have the most talented group of ladies on their design team!?!? I swoon over their projects! Nearly every month I find myself buying more goodies from Papertrey Ink! How about you? The funny thing is, for all the Papertrey Ink tools I have, I don't use them nearly as much as I should! But I plan to to turn over a new leaf and so a couple weeks ago I pulled out the Garden Variety, Strawberry Patch and Tiny Tag sets and went to work to create this card.


Oh boy did I have a ball! I got to color with Copics and use pretty stamps, paper, ribbon and even some burlap! Sometimes I think my best work happens when I make time to play!


I'm always thrilled when I do a half way decent job with Copic markers. Have you tried them? Not easy are they? And wow, there are so many paper crafters in this industry who blow me away with their Copic work!


I think one of the reasons I love Papertrey Ink stamps so much is because of the detailed images a set includes like these garden tools.


I believe I can find a way to use tiny tags on every project!


Well, I hope to keep playing with my beloved Papertrey Ink toys! Did you see they started sneak peeks for the June's releases already? Oh no! I already spied a sun ray stamp I like! Does anyone have a pair of those blinders they put on horses! ;)



Before I close...I'd like to tell you about a new cupcake recipe I tried yesterday! :)


These sweet little cakes are called Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and they are made by Cate's World Kitchen. And ooh la la are they lovely! If you enjoy cake that's not too rich, and if you love cream cheese frosting, this is one for you to try!

Kathy :)

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

super darling card...love those strawberries!

mmm...delish looking treats!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

i love fruit cards, this is so cute. Your coloring was great with the Copics, I need to master my coloring lol..
the cupcakes look soooo yummy!

cnelson said...

Such a CUTE card! Your coloring is so AMAZING! Those cupcakes look SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love!!! Great minds do think alike!!! The cupcakes look delicious too!!

Ann said...

Oh my word, this is one sweet card! Love your coloring & that fabby ribbon!

Holly Saveur said...

GORGEOUS!
LOVE PTI so much...I order only 3 up to 4 times a year since the shipping costs and VAT and customs make it so expensive to order.
The first time I saw Nicole's blog I was really blown away...it took me 9 more months before I did dare to order..my first USA order..was so nervos...and since you didn't get any mail /update on the order it was so scary...no years later I still find it so nerve racking from ordering until receiving the order....and then it feels like Christmas!So happy with my stamps and paper and dies!

Christine said...

Your card is adorable and yes I am a Papertrey Ink fan too. My PTI stamps don't see enough ink either and I have thought the same thing as you. It's time to get them out and play. I actually just ordered the Garden Variety set that you used. Love that one!! Yes, the sneak peeks are fantastic so far. I am wanting that hexagon one and sun ray looks like a lot of fun too. I see another order coming up!
Hey your Copic work is fantastic. Those strawberries look yummy enough to eat!! Have a great day Kathy and have fun playing with your PTI stuff!
xoxo, Christine

alexandra s.m. said...

Lovely card Kathy!
I have these stamps but haven't done anything with them yet!
That might change, thanks to you!!

These cupcakes look divine ;-))

Izzy Anderson said...

Your card is so pretty. I LOVE the color comb and your color work.

Diana Waite said...

this card is AMAZINGLY vibrant--LOVE it!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Goodness gracious girl! This is totally amaze-balls! So intricate, every last perfect detail! And, yes, I am a PTI addict too! :-)

Diana Fisher said...

Great card and love the teenie tiny tools you added. And yum about the cupcakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...