Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Now & Then



 Hi! With Father's Day coming up this weekend, Doodlebug Design asked its design team to create projects for this very special occasion. Doodlebug will be celebrating Father's Day by posting our creations on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. So if you're in need some ideas and inspiration, the Doodlebug blog is the the place to be!


 I knew right away what I wanted to do for my project! Recently while my boys and I were out running errands, I snapped the photo that's on the left hand side of my page. As soon as I downloaded it, it reminded me of a photo I had taken many years ago. I remembered how similar the images were and thought a page with them would make a great gift for Father's Day. Better than a tie, don't you think? ;)


For this page I used Doodlebug's Boys Only collection loaded with masculine printed papers, die cuts and stickers.


I always have to add in some hand stitching! I used a straight stitch through the title and some zigzag stitching around the edges.


See the dots on the upper left hand part of this photo? That's a background stamp from the new Doodlebug/Hampton Arts stamp set called Sweet Backgrounds.


The date tags were also created with stamps from a set called Journal. See the 'love you' phrase stamped on the photo to the right? That stamp is from the Flower Garden set. I think it's cool that these seemingly feminine stamps work with masculine projects too!

Hope you have a great Father's Day this Sunday!!

Kathy :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a fun page with that line Kathy!! I love the design.

Stephanie Buice said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Diana Waite said...

how sweet are those pictures? GREAT layout!

Susan @ PaperCrafter's Corner said...

LOVE this layout! So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...