Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bella Blvd. Cards on Thursday

I'm so excited that summer is here! I love that it's still light outside until 9:00 p.m. and that our vacation  is coming up! We're doing a stay-cation this year and I'm really looking forward to dinning at our favorite restaurants, visiting the art museum and doing a little antiquing.


With summer in mind I thought I'd use the Sunshine & Happiness collection from Bella Blvd. to make this Cards on Thursday project.


I love the look of bright patterned papers mixed with Kraft card stock, don't you? And I can't get enough of the Alpha + Bits Stickers that includes this adorable 'Summer' banner.


How about a shady tree to sit under on a hot summer day?



For my next card I decided to play with Bella Blvd's Designer Tape.


There's a lot of beautiful decorative tapes on the market, but none as bright and colorful as these!


I created this heart 'window' with a Spellbinders scalloped heart die. The letter stickers are High Five Alphas and the button is from the Button Market, neutrals mix.


The lovely twine is from Doodlebug.

So those are my Cards on Thursday projects. Hope you like them.



Before I finish my post I want to tell you about a recipe I made this week. Have you ever tried to make the kind of rice you get at your favorite Mexican restaurant? I've tried a half dozen times or more and each and every time I end up with a skillet full of mush with chunks of tomatoes and onions. Nothing like the rice we get when we dine out!


This Mexican Rice recipe comes from Crepes of Wrath and it's fabulous!!! No more mushy rice on our plates! You know what the secret is? Cooking it in the oven! I hope you are as excited about this as I am! Finally you can have authentic Mexican rice at home!!!! It's the little things that thrill me! ;)

Thanks for stopping in today!

Kathy :)

14 comments:

Laurel said...

Love your fun cards and especially the one with the tape!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

The Sunshine & Happiness collection is on my wish list, i love the cards especially the tape one, I think I'm going a little crazy over tapes at the moment : )

Lin said...

Such bright happy colors, perfect for summer! Love both of your cards, Kathy!

Michelle said...

I just love your cards! They are all so fun!! These are perfect for summer... so bright and cheerful. I love the washi tape usage. Great idea. I too am liking the longer days!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

omg, the cards look absolutely delicious until I saw the food photo, move over crafts, let's eat! LOL.

cnelson said...

Your cards are absolutely DELIGHTFUL!!! LOVE!! Yummy rice recipe!! TFS!

Virginia L. said...

YUMMY post! Your cards are the best eye candy! I love the use of negative heart-shape diecut! You do such awesome work, Kathy! So....when can I come over for dinner (LOL)?

Marg Van Patten said...

Perfectly crafted, colorful, and sun-shiney happy cards! I'd love to sit under that happy tree with the banner and puffy clouds .... and eat a bowl of that wonderful Mexican Rice! Thanks for the inpiration and the recipe!

Diana Waite said...

CUTE happy cards--LOVE them! Going to have to try that recipe too--love mexican rice!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE the cards so cute with that tiny banner..gorgeous colors too.
the recipe looks so deliciuos will try it for sure!

Izzy Anderson said...

Your cards are so cheery and fun. Great designs. I love them both. Can't pick a favorite!!

Dyane said...

Wow! Tons of happy cards!^_^ Love them Kathy!

Stephanie Buice said...

ha! Now I can have all the Kathy projects my little heart desires! Adding your blogo to my blog list!

Alice Carman said...

I love what you did with the Designer tapes this week! Cute Cute Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...