Friday, June 29, 2012

Pin-spiring Project

How about a fun and funky Friday post?


What do you think? Funky? Fun? Both? Neither? She's lost her mind? ;)


I was browsing my Pinterest boards hoping to see something that sparked some ideas for something different when I ran across this pin from Martha Stewart Weddings. It's a pop art show piece to create for your reception. Since cards are right up my crafty alley, I thought I'd try to incorporate this into one.


Obviously with a card I had a much smaller scale to work with so I cut my papers to 1"squares. 


Even with these little squares, I couldn't create as many rows as the wall sample nor did I have an even amount of rows so I improvised with some flat squares.


This is a great design for putting your scraps to use. Yes, this great paper combo came from my scrap bin! :) I think these colors make it a perfectly masculine anniversary or Valentine's card, don't you think?

So what's up for your weekend? I'll be working. I got a last minute CHA assignment and I have a lot of projects to prepare for July. It's a good weekend for hanging out in my air conditioned craft room because a heat wave is headed our way. We had such a mild June, but we're in for it now!

Thanks for stopping by. Stay cool and enjoy your weekend! :)

Kathy :)

3 comments:

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

very cute idea, I love pinterest so much inspiration on there! Weekend for my hubby and I will be errands and shopping Sat and maybe some brunch Sunday and walking our friend's gorgeous Great Dane Ruby! Have a good one!

Kara said...

Love it!! Love that art piece! So fun!

sherry said...

I *LOVE* this card [and the art piece]. I love the texture and the colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...