Friday, April 27, 2012

You Make My Heart Sing & A Day at Doodlebug

Yesterday made my heart sing! Can I tell you all about it? Because the events of yesterday do not occur in my life everyday or even once a month or once a year! It was a very rare kind of day! Now you're curious, right?


I'll start out by showing you this fun little card I whipped out at the end of my extraordinary day. Do you recognize these adorable little birds? While you think about it...I'll tell you about my day.

It started with the usual shower, checking e-mails and a bowl of multi-grain Cheerios. All normal stuff, nothing to write home about. But then my hubs came in with the mail and guess what was in there? My Papertrey Ink order! Papertrey Ink is just so awesome isn't it? And the releases they had this month....I love! But this was just the beginning!

Last week Dan and I celebrated our 20th year anniversary. You may have seen my post with the anniversary card I made for him. Well, last weekend we went to a jeweler and had a pair of earrings made for me! And yesterday I got to go pick them up! They are amazing!


Diamonds are a girls best friend, right? ;) Years ago I stopped wearing my diamond wedding ring because nearly every time I hugged my son, he complained that it scratched him. Lucky for me I had a plain gold band that hubs placed on my finger on our wedding day inscribed with the date and a little message...so I started wearing that instead. Well, we took the ring to a jeweler and had the stone taken out, purchased a matching diamond and had these earrings made! The mounting is called a halo setting because the diamond is wrapped completely around in white gold.

See, I told you this was no ordinary day! How often does a girl get to go pick up a pair of diamond earrings? After my trip to the jewelry store, I picked up my BFF for a lunch date. We had a lovely lunch while it poured buckets! By the time we were finished with lunch, it stopped raining and soon became a lovely sunny day.

Then BFF took me to our first cupcakery to open in our area. Big cities like New York and Los Angeles have these places on every block, but we had to wait a while for one to make it's way to the city of Raleigh! Oh but it was worth the wait!


The place is called Gigi's Cupcakes and they have 35 types of cupcakes on their 2012 Spring & Summer Menu! The above photo is just 10! Each day they feature about a dozen of their flavors so depending on which is your favorite, is the day of the week you must make a pit-stop! I can't wait to see their Fall & Winder  Menu! I bet it's loaded with pumpkin flavors and maybe eggnog? We'll see!

After my friend and I consumed one of these sinfully delicious cupcakes and bought more to bring home...we headed to a couple crafty places which is right up our alley! I got a few delicious thread colors for my hand stitching habit! :) I also bought a skein of year and a crochet needle...I used to know how to crochet, just a basic stitch, and I want to see if I can remember how and perhaps continue on with it.

What a wonderful day! If that weren't enough, I came home to two goody boxes sitting in the foyer, one from each design team I'm on! I couldn't believe all the wonderful things that were happening in one day! One of the boxes, from Bella Blvd, had some prodect from another manufacturer that we're teaming up with. I'm so excited to play with these new goodies. Then Doodlebug sent us a box full of their rubber stamp collections along with stamp pad colors to match all their signature hues!


I let the cat out of the bag...this birdy image and sentiment is from Doodlebug Design! I absolutely love them! Cute, cute, cute! So, as you can see, I couldn't wait to play and made this quick little card to share with you today! I stamped the image on canvas and colored it in with Copics being very careful not to color too much so it didn't bleed.


I attached my canvas stamping with on some vintage sheet music with an antique mother of pearl button. What's funny is that I didn't realize that the sheet music was perfect for the sentiment until I was done and sat back to look at it! Too funny!

So, that was my extraordinary day! You're a real trooper if you read the whole recap! Thanks for listening to me blab on and on! And, as always, thanks for stopping by!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention a special event that's coming up!


A Day at Doodlebug
A LIVE Crop & Shop Event with Stacy Julian
May 5th, 2012 | Salt Lake City, Utah



What's better then National Scrapbook Day with Doodlebug? National Scrapbook Day with Stacy Julian coming to our offices to PARTY with you and the Doodlebug Team!!

Stacy Julian will be kicking off this FREE BPC Creative Crop event with a LIVE video chat from the wonderfully colorful Doodlebug headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. But, it gets better ...
We've created two LIVE Crop & Shop events later in the day (as a BONUS!)
Each three-hour event will feature 3 rotations, including a lecture-style class with Stacy, a hands-on, create your own 8x8 album with Wendy Smedley and Doodlebug designers and a final hour to enjoy a delicious box lunch, delightfully fun make & takes and a special National Scrapbook Day store chock full of Doodlebug products at special prices.
The product value alone for this event is $100 per student, plus there is potential prizes and instruction and personal time with Stacy Julian, Wendy Smedley and the Doodlebug Team! Our promotion time is short for these events, but we're excited to share this opportunity with you for only $50.00!
 
Please note that registration is limited to 70 students per event. Due to the limited nature of the event, cancellations are not allowed. Questions can be directed to allison@stacyjullian.com.

But if you can't join us at Doodlebug, then join us for the FREE Big Picture online Creative Crop event starting at 9:00am PST on May 5th.


Click here to learn more details and how you can participate!!


Wow, I wish I could attend this special Doodlebug event! Sounds like a ton of fun! And a lot of Doodlebug goodies to be had!

Hope you have an extraordinary day! T.G.I.F!

Kathy :)

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, it truly was an amazing day for you, wasn't it? So glad I could spend a part of it with you! And what a CUTE card! LOVE the stamping on that little canvas piece. That is just the cutest thing ever!

cnelson said...

Such a PERFECTLY LOVELY day and such a PERFECTLY LOVELY card you created!! LOVE the stamping on the canvas!

Dyane said...

Wow! that was a fun day Kathy!^_^ Cute Card and I loovvee that cupcake!^_^

Holly Saveur said...

Happy to hear you had such a fab day..love your earrings and those cupcakes look so delicious!
(here in the Netherlands we don't have that much choice..its starting to come to our country since two yaers)

Alice said...

ahhhh.... you lucky girl, you!!! beautiful diamond earring! love it when crafty goodies arrive at my door, too. can't wait to see what you make with yours!! love your darling birdie card! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Kathy! I loved this post! A good story, diamonds, cupcakes, cards... It has everything a girl could want! Thanks for sharing. Your card is too adorable!! Have a great weekend! Wish I was there. XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...