Monday, April 9, 2012

Birthday Wishes

How was your Easter? We had a lovely day, the weather was beautiful and we spent time together doing Easter activities and the things we enjoy most. We couldn't ask for anything more!

To get back into the swing of crafty things, I have a card to share for you today. I decided to make this greeting out of a 'seed packet' die from Papertrey Ink using Bella Blvd. goodness.


I combined the Spring Flings & Easter Things collection with some of the new Sunshine & Happiness line.


Instead of the opening of a traditional card, this card has a little insert to pull out.


For this sweet little floral flag, I took a sticker and folded it in half around a straight pin.


The pinwheel is made with a die from The Cat's Pajamas and the center brad is stash I have left from Ki Memories.


I think I'd like to make more 'seed packet' cards! They're fun and a little different. They would also work perfectly for gift cards and to/from tags!


I'll leave you with a picture of our dyed eggs.


We decided to go with the traditional food color dye because when I read more about dying eggs naturally, I didn't think Christopher would enjoy how time consuming it would be. For each dye, you have to cut up a fruit or veggie and cook it for about 15 minutes, etc. I would have lost him after just one egg color!

Thanks for stopping in! Hope you enjoyed my crafty share and photo!

Kathy :)

9 comments:

cnelson said...

What a FABULOUS card! LOVE it in every way! It is so CHEERY! Hope you had a WONDERFUL Easter!

Lynda - TasteFood said...

What a wonderful spring-y card. I am thoroughly impressed!

~amy~ said...

sooooo cute...I always love your layering of goodies.

Dyane said...

Beautiful card! And I heart the colored eggs too! Fun!TFS!^_^

Alice Carman said...

What a lovely idea! I will have to try that myself. Super cute on a card too.

BabyBokChoy said...

HOOOW darling is this idea? So bright and cute!!! Your eggs look so good!!! :)

Alice said...

love your use of colors and patterns, Kathy! such an cute and delightful project!

Holly Saveur said...

Great idea..love the happy feeling of it!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love, love that seed packet card, Kathy! That is SO stinkin' cute!! And your eggs turned out perfectly! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...