Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend so far!

Today's crafty share is a pinwheel birthday card. I think pinwheels and birthdays are perfect together, don't you? Like peanut butter and jelly, peas and carrots and cake and ice cream!


I created this card with left overs from one of my favorite Echo Park collections, Country Drive. It's such a colorful and happy line, also perfect for birthdays!


The pinwheel was made with a thin metal die from The Cat's Pajamas. I use this die quite a bit so it's been well worth the money.


The sentiment was part of a border strip that I cut out and made into a little pennant. The button is ancient Doodlebug. I die for buttons so I stock up on my favorites; I'm like a squirrel with acorns! ;)


Anyone you know celebrating a birthday this weekend? My son is turning 11 in just a couple short weeks. He's pretty excited, talking about what kind of cake he wants, going on a train ride and what train simulator downloads he wants. It's all good!

Thanks for dropping in!

Kathy :)

3 comments:

Dyane said...

How cute!^_^ Love this card Kathy!^_^

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Kathy!! Love the pinwheel. Cool technique using the other die as a "window" and the texture behind it is a very cool accent!! Gotta love the Echo Park paper, huh? Happy Birthday soon to your son. I hope he has a good one!
xoxo, Christine

Audrey Pettit said...

Totally adorable, bright and happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...