Saturday, September 1, 2012

8 Years

Hi!

Oh how I love the first of the month, when the new write. click. scrapbook. gallery is bursting with fresh new scrapbook pages! This month's theme is 'looking back.'


It's been almost 8 years since we made our cross-country move from California to North Carolina.


Every time I think of the day we flew with a toddler, two parrots and a cat in tow across the country, I'm amazed at the planning that was involved and what an adventure that day was.


I used the Silhouette to create this '8' pennant. Those pretty red High Five Alphabets are from Bella Blvd.


I used an old Quickutz 2" photo corner die to create 'arrows' across this gorgeous map paper from Little Yellow Bicycle.


We still have the old flyer from selling our modest little house in California. Things aren't cheap there!


We love our new home and have gotten to see a lot more of our beautiful country living on the east coast.

Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

9 comments:

Laurel said...

This is such a great layout, loving all the bits on it.

sherry said...

Awesome. I like the map background, but moreso that you put red stars on CA and NC. Very cool to see the transition you made. Your home is beautiful.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this!!! What a great memory and your house is spectacular!!!

Michelle said...

This is a great page and so inspirational. I have the flyer when I sold my old house and moved to my current one. Granted not a cross-country move like yours... But, still a moment that needs to be put to a page. Ironically, Oct. 29th, we will be here 8 yrs.

Ashley Horton said...

Love everything about this page, Kathy!! The map background is great and I love the touch of black on your banner pennant and the triangles!!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Oh my! What a wonderful page! I love how you can see the map beneath the number eight and the way your colors with the black look so awesome with your house photo. Gorgeous home--I bet moving from CA to NC was awesome as far as what you can get for your money (I imagine it would be hard to come back). ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

I can't tell you how much i LOVE your page...
from its design to the map and the arrows and the little fun embellies peppered here and there!
It should either be Published or framed or both ;o)

Have a lovely Sunday Kathy!

Stephanie Buice said...

Kathy your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I think it should be on my dream home list! Great Layout as usual my dear :)

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE this whole layout--AWESOME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...