Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow Place Like Home

Hi! I'm so happy to have you drop by for a visit!

We're expecting snow again this coming Monday! We've stocked the pantry and I plan on making a pot of split pea soup today. Hubby even bought a snow shovel! It's about time since we've been living here in North Carolina for six years and have been using a garden shovel! However, now that we're prepared, we'll get just a few flakes!

When we moved here, we bought a sled anticipating our first snowfall and how fun it would be to take a spin down our long sloping driveway! Shoot if it didn't snow for two years! That will teach us! Funny how things work out!

Speaking of snow, I have a snowy scrapbook page to share with you. It's my first page for the new year!


The patterned papers I used are from a new digital kit at Two Peas in a Bucket called 'Month by Month - January Papers'from Shelley Castillo. I had to have this kit when I saw this snowman paper! And with all the snow we've been getting, I'm sure it'll come in handy for more snowy pages! Oh and winter greeting cards too!


I used the gray patterned paper for the snowflakes that were cut with the Silhouette die cutter and then I hand stitched them to my page.


The peach paper with snowflake print was used to accent the page. I made borders and tucked some under my title.


Here's Christopher all bundled up, snowball in hand...ready or not, here he comes! :)


For the journaling, I made this vellum tag accented with some of the gray paper and finishing off with a simple jute tie. As you can see I utilized a few border punches and decorative scissors.


So, what are your plans for this weekend? I really need to finish my December Daily album! I wish I were feeling more motivated to do it! Seems after the holidays are over, I just don't have the same enthusiasm to work on it!

I've been doing a little bit of treasure hunting at my local thrift and antique stores lately and scored some incredible deals that I hope to share with you in the next couple days. I just took photos today so all I have to do now is get the photos cropped...well, you know the drill. So, go make some great memories this weekend and I'll 'see' you soon! :) Kathy

15 comments:

Amy Heller said...

Oooh, I love this page, Kathy!! Gorgeous stitching on the snowflake!!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous page!

cnelson said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE EVERYTHING about this FABULOUS lo!!!

Lin said...

Beautiful layout, Kathy!

Unknown said...

LOL. We have been here for 2 years and just used a graden shovel too. HA HA HA. We havent upgraded yet. LOL. Excitied for SNOW as well. Love your layout !!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I got the Valentine card in the mail today! And it's even lovelier in person than in the photo! thanks so much!

Audrey Pettit said...

Too bad the snow today didn't stick, huh? Almost as soon as I hung up with you, it started in over here. Strange to see snowflakes falling for partially cloudy/partially sunny skies. That's what happens from Dan buying a snow shovel. ;)
I really love your snowy layout, my friend. That snowman paper is so cute, and I really like the touches of peach added to the color combo. So unexpected and fun. Love the die cut snowflakes and your hand stitched touches. Great punched edges, too. Here's hoping Monday brings us enough snow to see more snowy creations from you soon.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great page Kathy! You do awesome job with your scrap pages. Love the stitching and those snowflakes. :o) I am used to snow. Here in NH winter is white every year.

Virginia L. said...

What a TITLE!! Love all about this layout! And Chris!! Oh wow, he is so sweet-looking! This layout is perfect with his photo! LOVE!

Laura Evangeline said...

Love your blog!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous LO Kathy! Such beautiful photos and darling snowman DP :)

farmhouse-story said...

such a wonderful page, kathy! love your vellum tag-very creative! hope you didnt get hit the that snowball:)

Carolyn King said...

this is beautiful. love the soft colors!!! awesome!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colors and papers.

Carina Lindholm said...

amazing layout!! love the stitching on the snowflake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...