Monday, January 17, 2011

Eek! There's a Mouse in the House!

Hey little blog gang of mine! How was your weekend? Do tell! Mine was terrific! If you stopped by Friday, I mentioned that I was off to the post office and then a couple second hand shops to see if I could uncover any hidden treasures. No luck. Nothing. Zero. I usually come home with something...a little cup, plate, or trinket. Or as my husband calls it, "Life sustaining supplies!" He's so very funny! ;) Ah well...life goes on and like a trooper I compensate with a slice of carrot cake from the deli! :)

Saturday was a lazy sort of day hanging out with my boys. We've been on a roll with the jigsaw puzzles since Christmas. We finished one and started on another. Lovely to have some down time!

Sunday I went on a junk hunt with my partner in crime and her mom. The three of us discovered some great stuff in Selma. I just finished taking pictures and will share those with you tomorrow.

Now, about that mouse! A few days ago my husband and I heard a little scratching noise coming from the ceiling. Oh no, a mouse in the house! I love all sorts of critters, but I draw the line when they come to live in our attic! We knew we had to act fast before they set up shop, had babies, and invited friends so we got a mouse trap. A humane mouse trap. Everything has a right to live! Mouse just needed a house. And I rather see them become hawk meat before I kill them!
So, husband buys mouse trap, we serve a yummy mouse size scoop of peanut butter with a couple giant Cheerios on top and within a few hours, we have our mouse!


 Isn't he the CUTEST? Tiny little thing too! I can't believe we could hear him in the attic! Such a happy ending...mouse lives another day in a beautiful field, watching the sun set, wondering what the *#%^ was that all about and where are his friends?!?!

Stay tuned as we locate mouse's friends and family. We caught another last night, but husband didn't secure the lid and mouse #2 escaped! :)

Have a wonderful day! :)

7 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

They are pretty cute, even if they are rodents! I teach 5th grade and we often have lil' furry visitors in my room.....the kids name 'em and would be devasted knowing that we have traps everywhere to kill these little guys!

cnelson said...

He is absolutely adorable and absolutely more adorable living outside and not in the attic!

Jenny said...

LOL! I had one in our pantry about three years ago...cute but not fun to try and catch!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Kathy, that's one cute mouse. Almost cuddly looking. LOL, not that I want to cuddle it. But, it sure looks cuter than most mouse. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

He is such a cute little guy for a varmit. ;)
Had such a great time yesterday. Must have bought out half of Selma between the 3 of us. Mom and I have everything unwrapped and are in the washing up stage. Mom put together a little vignette on my kitchen table last night, she was so excited. think she's getting bitten by the decorating bug.

Suzanne C said...

Sweet little field mouse. Not so sweet when they are running through the house. :)

Anonymous said...

"I doubt na, whyles, but thou may thieve;
What then? poor beastie, thou maun live!
A daimen icker in a thrave
'S a sma' request;
I'll get a blessin wi' the lave,
An' never miss't."

What a beautiful (and lucky!) little field mouse...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...