Monday, January 24, 2011

Pretties

Good day! How are you? Happy to 'see' you!

'Twas a very relaxing weekend here at the Martin household! We worked on a couple jigsaw puzzles and went out to dinner Saturday. I made a pot of soup yesterday, had that cat nap I mentioned Friday and finished this page for Kraft Journal's 3rd Challenge.


It's a hybrid page using digital patterned papers from a Two Peas in a Bucket kit called 'The Best Things - Papier Collection'from Design by Anita. I really like these papers! The colors and designs are perfect for a vintage page of some pretties I've collected lately.


I realized that I've been neglecting my Silhouettedie cutter so I used it to make the page title and butterflies. One of my favorite scrapbookers, Nichole Magouirk, who is doing a new series of how-to videos on Two Peas in a Bucket called 'From Start to Finish' often uses three die cuts stacked on top of each other to create her own chipboard! I tried it for my title and really like the texture it adds!


The butterflies are made with Kraftstock, layered with vellum, stitched down the center and then topped with some pretty little paper flowers. These sweet flowers were a thank you gift for placing on order at Perfectly Pretty on Etsy.


More vellum was combined with some of the digital patterned paper to create my journaling tag. I used an old Sizzix die for that.


As usual, I've included hand stitching, inked edges, jute and border punches. I keep these items close at hand since they tend to make an appearance on almost every project!

I hope you enjoyed my page! And I hope you have a wonderful Monday! :) Kathy



15 comments:

Virginia L. said...

All the prettiness in one pretty page! LOVE!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Love your blog new look. :) And, my those butterflies are sooo pretty.

Alisa Noble said...

Every time I happen across a pretty layout like this one it immediately makes me want to scrap. If only there were more hours in a day!
PS. those little owls are so cute!

Clare said...

Fabulous! I love the design, the papers, and of course the butterflies! ;) And those owls are just too cute!

Lin said...

Beautiful page, Kathy! Those papers and the tiny little roses are wonderful!

Shelley said...

Super page, Kathy. Love the content, too {wink.} Your butterflies are incredible. I must keep that technique in mind. Thnaks for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathy, thanks so much for stopping by. I don't know anything about the stuff you just made, but it is pretty. I love the owl picture.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous LO Kathy! Love that big butterfly!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very sweet page, Kathy! Love those patterned papers with the kraft background, and love your super cute design. Your kraft and vellum butterflies look fabulous.

cnelson said...

So incredibly lovely! LOVE everything about this!

Carolyn King said...

this is fabulous girl! love all the wonderful details and esp how you did the layered title work!

Unknown said...

Very preetty and AMAZING !!!!

Unknown said...

This layout is beautifully composed and just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal challenge!

Tracy said...

What a beautiful layout to capture you latest treasures! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome, girl! So glad you decided to share this with us at the Kraft Journal. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...