Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How About Some Cookies?

Happy Wednesday to you! It's great to have you stop in for a quick visit!

We are thawing out after our little ice storm from Monday night! Christopher is on a two hour delay for school this morning, but he will be leaving shortly. It'll be nice to get him back to school! Hopefully that goes smoothly. With autism, it's difficult for him to have his schedule interrupted.

I mentioned yesterday that I'm working on some crafty projects and I had hoped to have one of them done to share, but they are still in the works. Can't rush a good thing, right? Instead, I thought I could post a cookie recipe that I tried over the Christmas holiday.


These lovely cookies are called 'Frosted Almond Sugar Cookies' from The Tasty Kitchen at The Pioneer Woman. The Tasty Kitchen is a place that real folks like you and me can upload recipes to share.


Here's the batch I made on Christmas Eve. I love the taste of almond extract added to the cookie dough as well as the icing! They were out of this world good! It took every fiber of my being not to eat more than one after lunch and one after dinner! ;)

I plan on making another batch of these heavenly cookies for Valentine's Day. Can you picture heart shapes frosted in red, pink, white and maybe some lavender too! Then there's Easter and all those lovely pastel colors! Oh and red, white and blue stars for the Fourth of July! Pumpkins and leaves for fall! I'm thrilled I can think of many occasions to whip up a batch! And there's plain old smiley face cookies for when I'm having a bad day! ;)

Maybe you have some time to go forth and bake up a batch?!?! Enjoy! :) Kathy

8 comments:

Tammie said...

I love the Pioneer Woman's site and book. I will have to try these cookies! I visit your site often...found you by way of Audrey and love all of your posts and am enjoying your "white" decorating theme. Stop by and visit me some time!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh these look yummy!!!can you send some my way we are trapped here under 2 feet of snow!!!

Jenny said...

Love the goodies jar the cookies are in...did you get that from us? If not we had one just like it! LOL! I never have cookies sitting around. I would scarf them all down and blame the dog!! hehehe!

Virginia L. said...

Yum yum! You are tempting me with all these yumminess! Just what I need on a snowy day like today :)

Seattle Homes For Sale said...

Looks delicious. Creatively and deliciously done.

Audrey Pettit said...

Your cookies look fabulous, Kathy! They sound fabulous, too. And don't they look wonderful in your goodies jar! Nik and I made an old classic the other day.......Tollhouse cookies, for our new thrift snowman cookie jar.

cnelson said...

So yummy! They will be perfect for Valentine's too!

Viola Mahr said...

Ohh... what yummy, yummy cookies!! I wish I were your next-door-neighbor... and you were my sweet cookie-supplier :) ... I love your beautiful jar too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...