Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Little Love

Helllloooooo! I'm so happy to have you stop by! :)

I have a craft share for you today! A mushy lovey card! With Valentine's Day next month, I thought I'd create a hybrid card with a new kit from Two Peas in a Bucket.


The kit is called 'Vintage Colors Collection - Papers'by Michelle Underwood. Oh how I love the paint peeled paper! I'll be using this paper over and over!


This was a simple and fun card to make. I used four of the papers from this kit, one for my background. The die cut hearts were created with my old Sizzix cutter and heart die plate.


I simply folded my hearts in half, dabbed the creased part with a tad of glue and lined them up at the center of my card before hand stitching them. The 'love' tag was hand cut and attached with a vintage mother of pearl button. Oh, and I inked the edges of the hearts with some Ranger Linen Ink. That's it! It amazes me sometimes how fabulous a very simple design can look!

Today's a short and sweet post. Thought that would be good after carrying on a long time yesterday with all my vintage finds! Hope you have an awesome Wednesday! :) Kathy

18 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

simply beautiful!!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

I LOVE this Kathy! AWESOME design!

cnelson said...

I just ADORE this!! Soooooo FABULOUS!

Virginia L. said...

Love the non-traditional colors for the Valentine's Day! And you hand stitched the hearts through...? There is still hope for me! Thanks for the inspiration, Kathy! xoxo

Clare said...

Oooh, how neat this is! I love the design!!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Love this Kathy! Such a simple but beautiful design :)

Aphra Bolyer said...

Simply sweet! LOVE that peeled paint paper, too. :)

Jen said...

so simple and yet so pretty!! love it!!

itsallrosi said...

love this so much!

Aimes said...

Not a little love, but BIG love with this beauty, Kathy!!! So sweet!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Love your card Kathy!

Shannan Martin said...

This is beautiful! White, chippy barn siding AND Valentine's day? I'm in Heaven!

Cookie said...

Adorable! And I LOVE your Etsy shop I just checked it out and you have some awesome stuff on there!! Have a great week!

Laurie said...

I HEART this card Kathy! WOW!! This is gorgeous! I love this rustic look! WOW again! So pretty!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the patterns on the hearts!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE this, Kathy! Such a clean and simple design with a huge visual "pow". Love, love the stitched hearts.

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Ohh, i LOVE this card Kathy! Its just perfect:)

Angie Tieman said...

WOW! Love this card! Simply perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...