Friday, January 21, 2011

20 Questions

T.G.I.F! Everyone!

I don't have any plans for the weekend and I love it! When I was younger that would have been awful! I would have thought the world was passing me by if I didn't have plans or if I stayed home! Now a weekend at home sounds perfect! I'll read, spend some time with my boys, do some cooking and take a cat nap with my big lazy cat! Sounds heavenly!

Today I have a scrapbook page to share with you! Recently our son Christopher has taken to his world map placemat. He loves to ask what the biggest city of this country is and what's the capital of that country! Every night at dinner and each morning at breakfast it's time for 20 questions! ;) The funny thing is...my husband can answer almost all his questions! I just don't have that kind of brain capacity! ;)


So here's our cat Java checking out the page! I think he likes the jute on that tag! Funny how he has to get into the action when the camera comes out! His lazy brother is nearby, in the middle of a nap, and couldn't be bothered!


For this page I thought the map patterned paper from October Afternoonwould work perfectly! Also the numbers pattern from Jillibean Soupand the dark brown numbered paper from Collage Press. Whenever I can't find any accents in my stash that will work for my page I'll make my own like these stars.


These stars were created with my old Sizzix die cutter. I made some with plain old Kraft stock and then some were made with the map paper. I even hand stitched some.


I love tags and used two for my title and journaling. As you can see, I have my signature hand stitching everywhere! Another thing I like to do is use my border punches.

Oh, I don't want to forget to announce the winner for the card I posted yesterday! Amy from Scrapping my Soul won! Congratulations Amy!

I wish you all a terrific weekend! I may or may not post over the next two days. Depends on how lazy I get! ;) Have a good one! :) Kathy

15 comments:

cnelson said...

This is sooooo fabulous!! LOVIN' the design! Your stitching is AMAZING!

Laurel said...

Wow, I LOVE this page!!!

Amy Heller said...

Oooh, LOVE your journaling tag, Kathy!! Gorgeous page!

Amy said...

Beautiful page Kathy!
Thanks for the prize again. :) I will love sending that card...

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout, Kathy! What a great story about your son to document!

BabyBokChoy said...

Beautiful page. I love the details, the stitching, everything is so carefully planned and placed, just lovely.

Niki Estes said...

What a great memory and layout (and a cute kitty!). :)

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Love this layout Kathy! I really like the stars cut out of that October Afternoon map paper and your signature hand stitching :)

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwww, what a FANTASTIC page!! I love all the star accents and twine. OMG, I want to CASE this!

krys kirkpatrick said...

So many details...you might not be able to answer all of your sons questions...but you have lots of creative ideas to keep track of. To answer your question...we don't have an etsy site...you just call Hutch Studio and
chris will tell you the scoop. Have a relaxing weekend and take that cat nap!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ha, I didn't even notice Java until you mentioned him! I was too busy looking at your beautiful page! Love, love, love this design. Perfect papers, and I adore the mixed in kraft. The tags and those stars are just fabulous.
Enjoy your lazy weekend! Those sure are nice sometimes, aren't they?

Elyse said...

wonderful!

and sometimes, there's nothing better than a weekend with no plans. enjoy!

happy weekend~

xo
elyse

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, how pretty is this!! Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous LO Kathy! Love all the detail!

Alice said...

fabulous layout, Kathy! did you do all the stitching by hand? you are amazing, girl! and Java is a cute boy! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...