Friday, January 28, 2011

Anyone for a Game of Truck Huck?

Hi!

What's truck huck you ask? Just one of the creative games our son dreams up! Playing truck huck requires no special skills, but to let loose and have a great time. And you mustn't care if your neighbors think you've lost your ever lovin' mind! ;) With that said, the next time there's a fresh fallen snow get out there with your child's Tonka truck and huck it into the air! Laugh like you've never seen anything funnier as it sails overhead! Be sure to not to hit anyone and watch where it lands as it could be buried without a trace until the snow melts away!

Here's a scrapbook page I created of our son playing truck huck. I love that my husband's photo captured the truck in mid air!


I used a trio of favorite patterned papers, Little Yellow Bicycle, Studio Calicoand
My Mind's Eye
. I think these papers worked perfectly with the photo.


I pulled out my stack of American Crafts Thickers and found two fonts/colors for the title. I also used a bunch of asterisks for the center of my die cut snowflakes.


The snowflakes were cut with the Silhouettedigital cutter and the circles were made with the Wizard die cutter and Spellbinders dies.


Hand stitching, border punches and a die cut circle for the journaling finish off this page.

Well, it's not snowing here in North Carolina today. The sun can't decide if its going to shine or not. It's threatening, but the clouds are trying their best to be the star of the day!  I'm routing for the sun to shine and give me energy! What's happening where you are? I've read many blog posts that talk about snow. Well, stay warm and enjoy this fine Friday! :) Kathy

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Tee hee too cute!

Unknown said...

So cute. I love how you turned a soft snow page into a MAN page. Love those papers ;)

cnelson said...

Sooooo fun!! LOVE the story and LOOOOVE the lo!! This just has me smiling!

Lin said...

Looks like lots of fun! Beautiful layout and picture!

Marisa said...

I just love the games little boys invent. I'm sure my son would be ALL over this one LOL! Great page :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome page, Kathy! I truly love how this turned out. The papers are just perfect.....love the pop of yellow you used. Fabulous snowflakes and circle embellies, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...