Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Playing with Doodlebug

I feel my work is in of bit of a rut lately, that I'm using the same techniques over and over again so I thought it would be a good exercise to just to play and experiment without worry of assignments or deadlines. 






As a result of my paper play session, I created this card with a set of heart dies and Doodlebug's Fruit Stand collection. I also pulled out some old Doodlebug sequins...remember them, lots of fun shapes and colors? It's funny how trends come and go and how much we're seeing sequins back in the spotlight.

So what do you think of my card? Like? Don't like? What's your favorite part? I always enjoy thinking of a new way to use something so I really like the glassine bag with a partial heart cut.

I enjoyed this exercise so much that I'm going to make time to do more today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a terrific Tuesday!

5 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Kathy!
I love what you didi with the bag ;-)
TFS~

Ruth G said...

Super cute! I love the word bubble where the heart was cut out of the bag and the repetition of the hearts! Of course, I love all the yummy Doodlebug rainbow colors! They just make me feel happy!
I am using Name/URL feature for my identity that will link to my blog. I'd be great if you wanted to stop by and take a peek!

Michelle said...

I like!!! It is so bright and cheery. Perfect thing to see this morning with our gloomy, rainy weather. I too like the heart cut out of the bag. Fun to see the old sequins. I am not sure I ever had any, but certainly do remember them. :)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

You are ammmmaaaaazing! I love your blog. Such a happy place. The heart cut from the glassine bag is a genius idea!! :-)

Diana Waite said...

I REALLY like the hearts--SO clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...