Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy B-Day!

Hello! Today I have a birthday card to share with you that I created a few weeks back with the Love You More collection from Pebbles. 






The bright colors of this line and childhood icons make it perfect for cards and scrapbook pages of our little ones. This card reminds me of the quilt on Christopher's bed. It has airplanes flying all over it just like this!

So how was your weekend? Did you travel somewhere? Stay at home? Work? We go out to dinner every other weekend and this weekend was Christopher's turn to choose the restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen. I was surprised since his preference is fish, seafood and sushi! He said he was in the mood for pizza...pepperoni to be exact! :)

Our weekend also included a trip to the flea market. The hubs and I went and arrived back home with a big juicy watermelon and a stove-top popcorn maker that has a crank in the handle. It was brand new and just $10! A while ago we gave up microwave popcorn because of the excess packaging. Instead we microwaved our corn in a brown paper bag that can be used multiple times. That worked pretty well except a lot of the kernels didn't pop. I don't know if it's our microwave or what happens when you pop corn with no oil? We tried our new popper last night and I was happy to see only two kernels at the bottom of the pan! And oh how delicious! Organic corn popped in a touch of olive oil, topped with a little butter and seasoned salt. Yum! It's the little things that make me happy! :)

Well, I hope you like the card and have a great week!


1 comment:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

This turned out super cute! Love how bright and cheerful it is! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...