Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Kid Crafted Rockets

Having the kids home during the summer gives us a chance to use our scrapbook supplies for some crafty activities. Today I have a simple project that you and the shorts can make for a patriotic Fourth of July centerpiece....TP roll rockets.


We all have plenty of empty TP tubes, right? :) And scrapbook supplies! I used Doodlebug Design's Stars and Stripes collection.


I arranged our rockets in a milk glass pitcher and then spruced it up with some ribbon and tags. You could use a Ball jar or even a tin can.


To add a bit more detail, I included a pinwheel and little USA sign.


This project is super easy. Just measure your TP tubes and cut paper accordingly to wrap around them.


I used a couple Spellbinder dies for the tops and bottoms of my rockets. You could cut your circles with a digital die cutter or circle punches.


For the rocket tops, I slit my patterned paper to the center and created a cone shape with baker's twine for the fuse.


With an awl, I punched a little hole in the bottom and used bamboo skewers.


There you have it...a great way to spend time with the kids and a cool decor piece for Independence Day! I hope you and your little ones enjoy making these rockets!

Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful Wednesday! :)

7 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

So super fun & a great idea!

Becki Adams said...

Great Idea!!! I'll be making some of these with my kiddos today :) Thanks for the inspiration :)

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

What a fun use of toilet paper rolls! They turned out super cute! :)

Mayras Designs said...

Love this idea super cute and great way to decorate love love love it !!!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

alexandra s.m. said...

Awesome project and thank you for the tutorial!
I must do it !!

Diana Waite said...

totally CUTE idea!

Diana Fisher said...

These are so fun! Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...