Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hi!

I love die cuts! One of my favorite die cut tools is the Silhouette. Do you have one? Or a Cricut? How about a Big Shot? Or maybe you are like me and have several die cutting systems? ;)


I created the sentiment for this card with my trusty old Silhouette. I still have the original model and have gotten a ton of use from it!


The background embossing was done with a Quickutz folder. I raised my sentiment by using foam mounting tape and wrapped the card with a bit of Doodle Twine. I do love a bit of twine! :)

I hope you like the card and have a wonderful Wednesday!

6 comments:

sherry said...

Happy Wednesday to you, too! The card is too cute. I love the large HAPPY. And it is a reminder that I need to use my Silhouette more often.

Diana Waite said...

this is just AWESOME! I think I would fall under the category of SEVERAL die cutting machines! :) But I think the Silhouette has them ALL beat!

Ruth G said...

Sigh! Still pining for a Silhouette, but your card cheers me up, even if it's not for me! Love the little treble clef on there! Makes me feel like singing that Happy Birthday song! Or, I'll wait a week and sing it for my newly 11 yo! TFS!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is SO COOOOL!!! I love this idea and the fresh bright colors are great!! Happy project - literally! Hahaha. You're too sweet. Have a great day Kathy!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous and graphic!!! Love it!! I need to dust off my Silhouette and use it once in a while...seems my Vagabond is the only machine that gets a regular work out.

Alice Carman said...

Super cute Kathy! Love the Happy die! Is it a die?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...