Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Just Playing

Oh how I love to play with paper...doesn't matter whether its making cards, party decorations or assembling a scrapbook page. I feel so lucky to be able to craft for a living and be a part of some pretty awesome design teams! The thing I need to be careful of, however, is that I make time to create just for me, just because with no boundaries, rules or specific assignments. 


I really enjoy playing with a pretty paper collection from any one of my design teams manufacturer's to create projects to share with you. I remember when I started paper crafting that it was so helpful for me to see what the 'experts' created with the crafting goodies I loved so much. It's how I learned and grew and became a designer. 


With a craft room full of paper, accents, and amazing tools, it's super fun to just play. I love to mix and match product, to be inspired by a pretty piece of patterned paper, to take a project one step at a time and see where it takes me. 


This card is a product of so many great manufacturers...Anna Griffin, Celebrations by Richard Garay, May Arts, My Favorite Things, Pebbles, Pink Paislee, Reverse Confetti, Scraptastic Club and a tiny bouquet of millinery flowers I purchased from Etsy once upon a time. 


Sometimes I feel my best work is created when I make the time to play for the sake of playing. 

1 comment:

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love that "celebrate" die!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...