Thursday, June 11, 2015

Explore

Have you seen Scraptastic Club's new June kit called Can't Go Home? For all of you who have summer vacation memories to scrapbook and Bon Voyage cards to make, this is the perfect kit for them! 

Last week when I was at the Fun Stampers Journey convention, I demonstrated how to make three dimensional stars for your paper craft projects and I thought I'd share that technique on my blog as well.



All you need is a die cut heart. You can make them with hand punches, thin metal dies or ready made star accents.


Take your star and create a score line from each of the five tips straight down to the inverted tip.


Once your star is completely scored, fold in half on each score line. After folding each time, unfold and go to the next point until you have folded your star in half five times.


Then completely unfold the star and pinch the tip of all five points.


Turn star over and pinch all five inverted tips. 


To attach your dimensional star to your project and to keep it from flattening out add three small adhesive foam squares to the center. That's it! 



I added my star to a second die cut star that I didn't score or fold, just to make it stand out a little more since the colors of the star and card base patterned paper are so similar. 

I love making these stars for my projects because they're so versatile. They're perfect for Forth of July, all star dads and grads, Christmas and so much more! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...