Friday, June 12, 2015

Celebrate

You know July Fourth is right around the corner in our neighborhood when you hear the sound of firecrackers each evening. So, it's time to create some patriotic cards to share with you. I made this greeting with Scraptastic Club's June 2015 kit called Can't Go Home

This kit was designed for scrapbooking summertime memories and vacations, but I also think it's perfect for the Fourth if you use the red, white and blue patterned papers. 



I hand crafted a few colorful firecrackers for my card since I really like to add layers and dimension to my projects. They're super simple to make. 


I cut some pieces of patterned papers to 1 1/2" by 2" first. Then, starting with the 1 1/2" inch side I rolled it around an old PDA stylus. You could use a bamboo skewer. Once you have your paper completely rolled up, unroll just enough to add a touch of craft glue to seal it. 


I used some blonde jute for the wick and added a dab of glue to the end before inserting it to the core of my firecracker. 




It's so easy to make these adorable little firecrackers! I could make a bunch while I watch something on Netflix and use them as confetti for my July Fourth dinner table. Wouldn't that be fun? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...