Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Happy Place

Hello!

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I've been a real hermit this weekend which is a nice way to spend a weekend when the weather is foul. I've been enjoying my latest book, The Dirty Life, on farming, food and love. If you've ever dreamed of what life on the farm would be like, this book paints a realistic picture! It's all the goodness you can imagine with endless back breaking work!

I've been creating a scrapbook page this weekend too. It's about one of my new favorite ways to spend time...on Pinterest!


I've been at it again, sitting at my craft table, playing with paper and browsing Pinterest at the same time!


For this page, I printed a screen shot that shows all my bulletin boards...and me! ;)


I used a little of this and a bit of that to create this page. The pink polka dot background paper is new from My Little Shoebox and the rest is old supplies I've had around for many moons. There's paper from my scrap bin, buttons from jars and a scattering of brads. Oh, I did use some washi tape for the first time! Hey hey!


I employed my beloved Silhouette for the title and sub-title, used a couple border punches and some thin metal dies including Spellbinders . My usual arsenal of tools!


Speaking of dies, did you know that Two Peas in a Bucket is now carrying My Favorite Things thin metal dies? Indeed they are! And a lot of their stamp sets too! Woot!


Another thing I've been up to this weekend is cooking! I'm trying a new recipe that I got from Pinterest! Where else? :) It's simmering on the stove as I type this post. After I've given it a taste test I'll tell you know which recipe it is and if it's worth your time. For now, I'll share the dish I had last week for lunch.


This is so yummy and healthy! It's Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Avocado and Cumin-Lime Dressing from Eating for England. I bought some seriously delicious tomatoes for it. They were a medley of pear and cherry tomatoes in yellow, orange, red and a deep red. Oh they were like candy! Anyway, love this salad. It will be a regular for me during warm weather.

Okay, I'm going to have check on my food...I hope it's good or who knows what will be on the menu for lunch this coming week?!?! ;)

Kathy

10 comments:

Agata said...

Oh, great layout! So fun to make one about your favorite place! Love it!

Becky Carafa said...

How cool to make a pinterest layout! I'm so addicted to that site and have tried several recipes too!

~amy~ said...

super fabbie layout!

Laurie said...

Totally loving this! Pinterest is so addicting isn't it? :)

Laura Williams said...

that page is DARLING. . .and i LOVE Pinterest too!!!! It's the best! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Really adorable layout, Kathy! I love that photo you used of you and all your boards. It's so graphic and eye catching. Love the scattering of brads and buttons, too, and look at you rocking the washi tape. Fabulous!

cnelson said...

PERFECT lo!! LOVE it in EVERY way! I WILL be trying the yummy looking salad!!

sherry said...

LOVE the layout. I will have to document my addiction to Pinterest, too. That quinoa salad looks yummy.

Alice said...

beautiful layout! love it!

koralee said...

What a cute idea to print your pinterest layout page....I have limited myself the amount of time I can go over to pinterest..I can spend hours upon hours. xoxoxo Thanks for visiting me the other day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...