Monday, September 5, 2011

The Apothecary Emporium

Hello!

What are you up to this Labor Day weekend? I've been busy doing a bit of my favorite activities...crafting, baking, reading and I went on a junk hunt for a few vintage goodies on Saturday! And because it's a holiday weekend, we have today off too! An extra day to do what we love! With a few chores thrown in! Yesterday, after baking, I gave our kitchen a top to bottom cleaning! Looks so lovely! Now don't touch anything! Don't drop a crumb or smudge the granite! ;)

This weekend I made my first Halloween crafts of the year...a trio of spooky cards using the new 'Apothecary Emporium' line from Echo Park! It's filled with tons of creepy goodness!


Lots of scary here, huh? ;)


This line has the coolest labels! How about some deadly morsels? :)


I replaced the little bat at the bottom of this label with another, bigger one from the sticker sheet to give my card some texture.


I added zigzag stitching and a little black button that kinda looks like a spider on a web.


I wanted to add a little ribbon and or fibers but didn't want it to look too 'cutesy' so I made 3" length cuts of black jute and some narrow black sheer ribbon.




On the menu you will also find some dreadful treats!


I love these apothecary jar stickers! Eek, they're fun!


I added pop dots under these stickers to lift them off the card. The orange jar has two pop dots to raise it above the other two.


One of my favorite go-to accents lately are file tabs and this kit has some great ones!




What's Halloween without a scary black cat?


Don't let this guy cross your path! He'll cause you seven years of bad luck!


Gotta love the frog bones sticker!!!


I used lots of stickers for this card and as usual, added lots of stitches!




Do you like the cards? And what do you think about this Echo Park Line? Cool, huh? I don't think I'm the only one who's just a bit crazy for Apothecary Emporium! I've seen a lot of awesome projects created with it. If you have one you want to share, send me a link!

Hope you enjoy this lovely Labor Day! :) Kathy

7 comments:

L.B. said...

Amazing crds and what a fun looking paper line. TFS

Rose said...

I LOVE your cards Kathy! So spooky and festive. Those papers are awesome!

Vicki Burdick said...

This are awesome Kathy, I need to look for that paper!!!!

cnelson said...

Just as cute as cute can be! LOVE EVERYTHING Echo Park and just picked up some of these papers myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Alice said...

wow! love love this set, Kathy! absolutely fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Soooooooo fabulous!! Love, love, love your Halloween projects!

FitterTwit said...

These are out of this world! LOVE THEM!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...