Monday, March 10, 2014

SEI

Hello! Hope you had an excellent weekend! Today I have a project share over on the SEI Lifestyle blog for you created with the March Cardmaking Kit.


Above is a little peek at that project...a couple cards with a matching gift box. That cool little sequin flower center was just one of the awesome accents included in this month's kit!


If you didn't have the chance to see last week's cards, here's a look at those.



This is my favorite kit so far with all the fabulous die cuts!
By-the-way, have you noticed the subtle blog changes? My oh so wonderful husband who also happens to be rather tech savvy has been making these tweaks for me. I hope you like. Thanks hubs! You rock!

I'm still crocheting whenever I get a chance and this weekend I finished making a throw pillow cover! I used a pillow we already had that I was considering donating to the Goodwill. It was a nice enough pillow, I just prefer natural fabrics and this one felt kind plastic-ish. ;)


I'm so proud of my little pillow because I'm still new to crocheting, I've never taken a class and I didn't have a pattern for this project.


I learned how to do a basic granny square with this diagram and made two squares large enough to fit my pillow, about 12". It's reversible with one side cream and the other is a light brown. Then with this video, I learned how to connect granny squares.




I used Cascade's Pima Cotton Yarn and a 3.75 mm hook. Now our little pillow feels much softer!


4 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

You should be very proud indeed!
Your pillow is beautiful! I love that granny square ;)
And your cards make me yearn for Spring even more!
Love that whimsical touch you have!!
Thank You Kathy~

Ruth G said...

Sweet cards! I love the cloud die cuts! They are awesome!
Great job on the pillow! The best thing about being crafty is making things the way you want them to be!
Thanks for sharing!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi lovely Kathy! It's been too long since I've had time to blog surf and I wanted to come spend some time here with you! I love ALL your projects. That box with the raspberry flower is so adorable. And, your pillow is perfect!! Looks fabulous! Have a great week! :-)

Jeanne said...

Adorable cards. I very much like your style. I also wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your pillow. It looks great! You should feel very proud indeed! Thanks for sharing your projects with us. *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...