Friday, March 28, 2014

Crochet

I'm posting a little later today then usual since I decided to get the grocery shopping done first thing this morning. Funny thing happened while the young man who bagged my groceries helped me out to the car...he asked, "Any exciting plans for the day?" I felt a little embarrassed to admit that my exciting plan was to spend the afternoon crocheting, but I did. Then he blows me away by saying, "Cool! I knit!" Maybe I should mention that I shop at Whole Foods and perhaps this guy was a bit a hippy? Anyway, I thought that was pretty awesome!



One of the goals I have for my blog this year is to share some of the other crafty things I do besides playing with paper...like crocheting this cute little granny square banner. What do you think? I love how it looks in the family room with other handmade items and vintage treasures. 

Currently I have a few crochet projects in the works......I like variety. 


My father-in-law is turning 90 this year so I started an afghan similar to this for him.


I'm also working on a fishnet style, warmer weather scarf for me. I always need a sweater/layers in the summer when we go out to eat since restaurants are almost always over air-conditioned.


A third crochet project I'm working is this gorgeous shawl. I'm not really a shawl person, but I love this one!

I'll share all of these projects with you when they're completed.

So, what are your exciting plans for the day?


1 comment:

Ruth G said...

Good luck with your crochet projects! I can't wait to see what you create!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...