Monday, August 23, 2010

It's A Digital Monday

Hi! Did you have a relaxing weekend? A busy one? A fun one? Mine was all the above wrapped up into one! Relaxing because I enjoyed a cat nap with one of my fluffy boys. Busy because I got a lot of work done and fun because I love my work...paper crafting!

I have a couple creations to share with you this morning. Friday evening Erica Hernandez of Two Peas in a Bucket hosted their first on-line digital crop. Oh what fun it was! Lots of chatting going on and challenges to work on over the weekend. The challenge I took part in was to make a page using the blues and green colors of Two Peas in a Bucket. I thought that would work perfectly with my beach photos from the previous week!



When I was browsing our photos from last week's beach trip I was surprised to see that one picture looked so much like the year before that I wanted to create a comparison page. The digital elements are the Silhouette die cuts...clouds, large circle, birds, 'beach' word, and starfish. I also used a digital image from The Graphics Fairy of a vintage news paper and printed it on the top layer of my clouds.

One of my favorite things about creating this page is that I used some ancient scrapbooking supplies....my little Paper Shapers fish punch that I've had since the beginning of my paper crafting days. I remember when my son was just a bitty little thing who loved to take all my colorful Paper Shaper punches and line them up according to color! I also broke out some vellum that I've had since its hay days. Vellum seems to be making a come-back.

This second project is a hybrid card using Erica Hernandez's 'Twenty Eleven Calendar Kit' from Two Peas in a Bucket.


Obviously, this kit would be perfect for desk and wall calendars! And I thought the calendars were also excellent for birthday, anniversary and save-the-date type cards as you can circle the special date! These calendars would also make great date accents on scrapbook pages. Oh the possibilities. Great kit to have!

I hope you enjoyed my projects today. Tomorrow I have another great Digital Doodles kit coming out. Again, it's different from any other kit I've had so far so come back tomorrow and check it out! :) Kathy

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous, love the clouds!

cnelson said...

Absolutely incredibly fabulous projects!! That beach lo is divine!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! I absolutely love the clouds and vellum (don't use enough of them, either)! Simply fabulous! Can't wait to see the new images!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Kathy, this is sooo gorgeous! I really love the clouds!

Clare said...

Such a fun LO! Love how you compared the photos, and those clouds are so sweet!

Alice said...

very pretty and fun layout, Kathy! love those clouds!

PetraB said...

I absolutely love the way you combined such a fresh background with the vintage newspaper print - absolutely fabulous.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, so beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hello again Kathy!! I'm so glad you linked this up today, I was going to ask you to, but didn't see it on your blog when I stopped by this morning. I don't get a lot of scrapbook pages linked up on my blog, so it was really nice to have one linked up for a change, and such a pretty one at that!!

Michele Kovack said...

Your page is absolutely fabulous!!! Love it!! Love your card too!

Niki Estes said...

What fun projects! I love that layout with all the clouds and the fun sketch!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a wonderful beach layout, Kathy! I love the cool blue color palette and your fun design. Those clouds are absolutely fabulous! Love the stitching and the text print. Great use of the calendar images on your card, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...