Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back-to-School Week

This week my son goes back-to-school as a fourth grader! Wow, I guess I dared to blink! ;) We're all very excited and hoping for a smooth transition! In preparation, last week, I was busy making some projects for Christopher's teacher and my Etsy shop. With a super cute new digital kit called  'Back-to-School' by Jen Martakis of Two Peas in a Bucket, I created this teacher's gift set.


This kit is loaded with lots of fun school themed papers. I used a couple of those papers to cover this mini composition book. Also included in the kit are oodles of adorable school icons that I used to accent the notebook.


A teacher can never have too many pencils, right?!?! I used the hounds tooth patterned card stock that I used for the notebook to create a wrap for some pencils. An embossing stylus and a ruler were used to measure and score the card stock to fit the pencils.


The journaling circle, notebook and pencil images are all part of Jen's kit. The apple was cut from the left over apple card stock. All elements we added to the journaling tag with pop dots for dimension.


This project was easy to make and didn't take very long at all. There's still plenty of time yet to whip something up as you can buy this digital kit from Two Peas in a Bucket without having to wait for it to ship! This kit will definitely be used during the year for teacher appreciation gifts and teacher appreciation week.

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you have been having a great weekend so far! Kathy :)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a cute idea. Ryan goes back the 1st. last year of Pre-K.

cnelson said...

so darling!

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute Kathy! Perfect to school. :)

Virginia L. said...

The teacher is going to be thrilled to get this! What a feast to the eyes, Kathy!

Lynn said...

Adorable...I think I need to be your son's teacher :)!!!

Karen Motz said...

What an adorable little school set!!!!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

These projects are really so so so adorable.

Carly said...

Wow this is so fabulous! What teacher wouldn't love this! Hugs, Carly

Unknown said...

WOW, BEAUTIFUL colors, u r so good with colors Kathy! the teacher will love this gift!

Barbra said...

Why weren't you one of my parents when I taught?! hope the transition is smooth for your little boy.

Laurel said...

Adorable projects!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

This is so adorable!

Cindy Lee said...

Awesome gift, Kathy!! I really love the idea!

Alice said...

these are so cute, Kathy! love it!

Lori Mar said...

His teacher will be so thrilled to get that gift! What a lucky gal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...