Thursday, December 2, 2010

First December Daily

Hi! I'm so excited to share with you today my first December Daily page! I've been wanting to do one of these mini albums for the past few years but I never get it together on time. This year it looks like I'm going to see my dream come true!

Here's my first page! I'm using an adorable book binder cover that I purchased on Etsy a couple years ago. One of these days , I'll have to take a picture of it. The gal who made it used the hard cover of an old book, took out the pages and added a binder ring mechanism.


I'm using October Afternoon's 'Very Mery'collection of patterned papers.


The first entry is about our Advent calendar that Christopher opens every day throughout December. This little wooden cabinet is filled with 24 little drawers that we put ornaments, candy, money or activities in.


For the date and journaling, I added a couple tags to the top binder ring. The details of the page include snowflake embossing, Spellbinders scalloped circle die cut, a hand zigzag stitched boarder and baker's twinefrom Martha Stewart.

I have another holiday crafty share, a card I created with a new digital kit from Two Peas in a Bucket.


Jen Martakis designed this 'Snowy Day'kit and I had to have this little bird! He's just to darn cute with his winter hat that I added glitter to.

Thank you so much for your visit today! Tomorrow I plan to announce the winner of the snowflake accent giveaway and hopefully I'll keep up with the December Daily and have another page to share. Have a great day! :) Kathy

19 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

I've been wanting to do the December Daily, just still hasn;t manage to do so. Yours start beautifully and your card is so sweet, Kathy!

Laurel said...

Great start, love it, can't wait to see the rest!

Mary said...

Hello Kathy - so glad you stopped by and hope you'll join us at SuzAnna's tonight! The Vintage Village is located at the Capital Blvd. end of Durant. If coming from there it's on the right immediately after the railroad track and before the fire station. If coming from Falls of Neuse end it's past the shopping center, Mulchmasters and the recycling center on Deponie
Dr., just keep going until you see fire station on left and turn in to the village before crossing the railroad tracks!

Santa will be there - we would love to meet you, and help you with any holiday shopping, so be sure to introduce yourself if you come!!

Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

Unknown said...

Yay for you, Kathy! I am hoping to do one this year, too (fingers crossed)! Love your day 1 and your birdie card is sweet!

Amy said...

Beautiful work! I love concept of the binder you're using...

Niki Estes said...

I love your advent box. I have always wanted something like that. Adorable card, too! I love the colors!

Lori Mar said...

What an adorable little album and card! You're inspiring me to do the December Daily, too...

Deanna said...

What a great start to your Dec. Daily! You'll love that you're doing one. ;) And thank you for all your sweet comments you always leave on my blog! You're so sweet! :D

Jodi Collins said...

How COOL is this! LOVE this idea and your gorgeous page!!!

itsallrosi said...

your album is looking great!

Clare said...

What a nice book, Kathy! I've actually never heard of the December Daily, so I'll have to check that out!
I just LOVE that adorable card you made today - that bird is so sweet! :)

Alice said...

lovely first page of your December Daily and the card is just adorable!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your December daily!!!!!

Super sweet card!!!

cnelson said...

darling...on both accounts!

Rose said...

oooh! I love your December album and sweet card! Just ADORABLE!

Agata said...

Your DD debut looks awesome! I'm sure it's gonna be a treasured throughout the years!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful DD page. Love the little journalling tag. The card is adorable and such a sweet bird.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! Loving your December daily! Love how you did your journaling on the tags. Would love to see the covers, too.
Adorable card, as well. Love those pastels together.

farmhouse-story said...

kathy, your dec daily journal is just wonderful! love the bright, cheerful look:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...