Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Crafting

Hello! How are you today? Are you busy with Christmas activities? I've been crafting up a storm! Each day I've been working on our December Daily album and holiday decor projects. Today I will start making some gingerbread ornaments for our friends and family. Tomorrow we will head to the mall to visit Santa! Christopher is so excited! How about you? Have you been baking? Wrapping gifts yet? Christopher is the only one who has his gifts wrapped and under the tree so far! :)

Here's one of the decor projects I made this week, a Let it Snow frame.


The patterned paper I used for this frame is from October Afternoon's Very Merry collection.


I used a glue pen to trace all the snowflakes and added Crystal Fine Glitter from Martha Stewart. I love all the sparkle it creates!


The sheet music is from 1927 and I also outlined all the notes and bars with a glue pen and glittered them.  The tag, from Staples, was stamped with a Papertrey Ink stamp and glittered around the edges.


The snowflake in the center is a foam sticker from my local craft store. I topped it with a pink button and a pair of mini jingle bells. If interested, this is listed in my Etsy shop.

Would you like to see our latest December Daily album pages? I've seen many beautiful December Daily albums that are so inspiring!


For the 6th of December I created a page about working on our December Daily book! ;) I had to catch up from the weekend before and created three pages on the sixth!


I printed small wallet size photos of the three pages I worked on and tied them together with baker's twine and made a little library card pocket with a Papertrey Ink die. The journaling tickets and stamped edges are also Papertrey Ink.


In between the 6th and 7th pages, I added this transparency to jazz up our album a bit.


December 7th is all about hot chocolate! Yum! We drink a lot of it this time of year!


On December 8th we had snow on the ground and a morning temperature of only 18 degrees! That's cold for us, 20 degrees below normal! While I was uttering "brrrrr," Latte was sounding a "purrrrr" as he was curled up in the sun on the couch! ;)

I have one more share for you before I take off and work on this year's ornaments. For years I've wanted a Christmas tree in my bedroom. It stems from wanting to sleep under the tree when I was a girl! At 44, spending the night in front of the tree in a sleeping bag doesn't sound all the comfortable, but I still like the idea of falling asleep under the glow of Christmas lights. This year I found a sweet little flocked tree that I set up in the bedroom.


Here it is! Isn't it lovely? I took all the vintage mercury glass ornaments I've been collecting to decorate it. I think it's so beautiful and I feel so spoiled when I get into bed at night to read with just the soft glowing lights of this little tree! I am able to read without a light on because I read books on my iPad.

I'd like to leave you with a little assignment! That's right, homework! ;) Wait! It's good homework! I want you to do something special for yourself. Spoil yourself with a tree in your bedroom or whatever it is that would make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Perhaps that would be a hot toddy?!  If it means you have to spend $100 dollars, tell your husband that Kathy told you to do it! ;)

17 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

The frame is amazing, and I love the look of your daily!

~amy~ said...

your frame is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! Love how your December Daily is coming along...sigh...I'm really behind on mine and hope to catch up this weekend.

Unknown said...

The dec. Daliy is looking awesome. I totally want to steal that frame :)

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card! I love the pink and the sparkly snowflake. Your album is turning out so neat, too!

Maureen Merritt said...

I feel SO inspired!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

such a gorgeous Frame and your album is looking great!!!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the beautiful soft frame! Gorgeous! The daily December pages are gorgeous! Love that elegant tree in your room, how beautiful.

Deb said...

OMgoodness! I am drooling over every picture in this post! Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the pink frame with music! Your album is stunning! Beautiful tree too! Wow, girl, you got it goin' on this December! :)

krys kirkpatrick said...

You are so sweet. Keep making stuff....it's beautiful.

Laurel said...

My gosh you are amazing, these are gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful projects today Kathy, and I LOVE that beautiful tree (the ornaments are so wonderful!)

Elizabeth said...

That is a gorgeous frame and your DD looks wonderful! I hope you are enjoying creating it as much as I am!! So much fun!

Happy weekend!
e.

cnelson said...

What a perfectly lovely post! LOVE the frame...the album...the tree!! So fab! You definitely have me in the Christmas mood!!

Carly said...

Wow! Love everything!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love your December Daily!!!

Ann said...

Oooh, gorgeous eye candy! LOVE your sweet frame...absolutely gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun post, Kathy!! I love your sweet pink holiday frame with all the gorgeous glittery touches, and your December daily album is just fabulous. Truly love each and every page. And how sweet your new tree looks with your vintage ornaments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...