Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

At our house we take reducing, reusing and recycling pretty seriously and as a result, we haven't had to take our trash can to curb in over a year! Reducing the things we buy and use, composting and recycling have the biggest impact. 

The other day I was about to throw away a graham cracker box when it occurred to me that the negative leaf cut on the front would make a cute card accent. 





Since I've started crocheting, I'm also saving little bits of left over yarn to use for my cards like the bit I chain-stitched and tied to this chipboard tag. Because I use 100% cotton yarn, I plan to leave a bunch in a suet container for the birds this spring...


...which would make a cozy and colorful little nests, don't you think?

If you're interested in learning ways to reduce your trash, visit the Zero Waste Home blog.

In addition to my recycled items, my card was created with the adorable new Garden Party collection by Pebbles. And guess what? This line is 30% off at Scrapbook.com! 

Well, I've got some projects I'm working on to share with you real soon so I better get to them! 

Have a super day! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...