Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Second

Today was a much quieter day than the whirlwind shopping trip of yesterday! And the weather was cold and rainy too! On days like these I like to stay inside, have a cup of tea and craft! Since it's the begining of December that means I'm usually trying to finish up my Christmas cards and the annual ornaments we send to our family and friends. With that said I'd like to share with you two easy craft projects that you can whip up in no time and mail out in time for Christmas.

The first project is Christmas cards. If you haven't gotten around to that task yet, here's a great solution for recycling your cards from last year. If you already decided on your cards for this year, save the ones you receive this month and use them for this project next year.



This card was made from one we received last year. I simply used a circle cutter to cut a few images from the old card and arranged them on a piece of sage card stock. The sentiment is a rubber stamp that can be used over and over again and then I simply added a little jute bow. Buttons, adhesive gems or ribbon make nice accents to this type of project. Notice the matching envelope in the photo? I found a smaller image on the back of my card that I was able to use to make a coordinating envelope.

My second project is very simple yet elegant, a paper craft project that's versatile and can be mailed along with your cards. In this photo it's an ornament.



Or, use it as a tag for a bottle of wine. Great for your hostess.




Not only are these monogrammed circles perfect as ornaments or a wine bottle, they can be made into gift tags or print names on them for your holiday table place settings.




Super simple and easy to make, either use a die cut machine or mega punch to make your scalloped circle. Use a circle punch for the cream card stock and then run it through your ink jet printer to add an initial, monogram or name. I used a glue pen to add a fine line of glitter around the edge of the cream circle. Then punch a hole at the top of the circle to add your ribbon/hanger. After I made my bow, I used some black craft string to tie a small jingle bell onto the center of the ribbon.

I hope you have enjoyed my projects for the day and can pop by each day to see what happens at the Martin house during the month of December. Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute stuff, Kathy! I love the simple and elegant tags/ornaments you made. They are truly beautiful. Love the script font. And your recycled card project is such a great idea. I'm definitely going to be recycling some of my cards this season.

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow Kathy! I love your card & your tag is divine!!!!
What an elegant look.
hugs,
Laura

cnelson said...

love these beautiful ideas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...