Monday, December 21, 2009

December Daily - Day Twenty One

Tis the Monday before Christmas and time to pull out some paper, scissors and glue and play along with us at 2 Sketches 4 You! But wait! I here you don't actually have to make something this week for a prize? What? Better go check out the details!





This is the new sketch from Kazan, a tag! Perfect for this time of year, don't you think? With all the presents to wrap what could be more perfect? Here's my take on Kazan's design. Can you tell who our fabulous sponsor is? That's right Starving Artistamps! And Sakura of America! Great combination for a fabulous prize package! My fellow design team members at 2 Sketches 4 You did an amazing job with their tags and stamps! Wow, you have to check them out...these girls rock!


Last week Shanna Vineyard provided us with a bonus sketch that I'd like to share. Since Valentine's is our next big holiday, I used Shanna's design to make this card.





Before I close for the day, I'd like to share another of my Christmas craft projects. It's a quick and easy gift idea that's perfect for your holiday hostess or as a stocking stuffer. So easy you can whip one of these up  quickly if you need to.



These are magnets made from those glass marbles used to fill the bottom of vases. These are the extra large size that you can find at your local craft store. I used this vintage style Daisy D's paper and a round paper punch to punch our the image I wanted. The I applied a generous amount of Gloo from Ki Memories to the bottom of each glass marble and ythen placed them on top of the images. Apply a little pressure when placing the marble on the paper so that any air bubbles will go off to the sides. When dry, cut excess paper around the edges and apply a magnet to the bottom. To make this container, I used a mint tin and covered the top with some of the same paper that I used for the magnets. Then I tied a bow around the tin. Now your gift recipient has a place to store their magnets too! If interested, this set of magnets is for sale in my Etsy shop.

Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I will be at a friend's house baking goodies. I hope to share some pictures and recipes if I don't get home to late or we don't burn down the kitchen!  :) Kathy

3 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Those are the cutest! I really love your blog- may I add a link to your blog on my blog?

Audrey Pettit said...

Well I sure hope we don't burn down the kitchen......but you never know with me. ;)
Love your beautiful tag. I was just over at 2s4y checking out everyone's creations. You rocked those stamps, my friend.
And look at you getting ahead with a Valentine. You are just too good.

Laura Davis said...

LOVE all your work! Have fun baking!
call me if ya have any questions! :)
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...