Tinsel Star Ornament
Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
Silver metallic beads (4)
Silver metallic pipe cleaners (16)
Wire, 26-gauge (18")
1. Cut a pipe cleaner into thirds, approximately 4" long. Bend each piece in half. Holding ends, push top down toward center, creating a diamond shape. Do not twist ends together. Repeat 15 times for 16 untwisted diamonds.
2. Fold one untwisted diamond crosswise over another, creating a dimensional diamond. Twist the four ends together and shape. Repeat for eight dimensional diamonds.
3. Cute four 4" lengths from wire. Thread each piece through a metallic bead.
4. Holding bottom end of one beaded wire at bottom of dimensional diamond, run top end of wire up through and over cross-section of daimond, coming back down through bead. Twist wire ends around pipe cleaners at bottom.
5. Center bead in the diamond. A dab of hot glue may be added to secure bead in place. Repeat for four beaded diamonds.
6. Wind a pipe cleaner tightly in a spiral, creating a flat circle. Repeat for two circles. Set aside.
7. Hot-glue twisted ends of one beaded diamond toward center of first circle.
8. Hot-glue one plain diamond to circle, next to beaded diamond.
9. Evently space and hot-glue remaining diamonds around the circle alternating beaded and plain until ornament has been formed.
10. Glue remaining pipe cleaner circle on top of the first, covering all twisted ends.
11. Hang ornament from ornament hanger.
I hope you have a chance to make one of these lovely vinatage style tinsel star ornaments. They really look pretty on the tree. Thanks again for stopping by my December daily post. Hope to see you again tomorrow! :)