Friday, February 11, 2011

How About Hybrid?

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to pop in!

Do you create digital scrapbook pages? Maybe all your pages are digitally produced? Or maybe you're not sure what digital scrapbooking is?  Digital scrapbook pages are created on the computer using a program like PhotoShop and digital papers and elements. These pages can remain on your computer or you can print them out. You can even have a printing service bind your digital pages into book format.

A lot of people prefer making their pages with supplies they've purchased from their favorite craft and scrapbook store. Did you know there's a way to combine the two worlds? It's called hybrid scrapbooking. Many of my scapbook pages use a combination of physical and digital supplies. You can keep an endless amount of beautiful papers and elements stored on your computer giving you even more options when scrapbooking!



Here's a hybrid page I created. The Kraft card stock page base, foam letter stickers and white card stock (used for printing) was combined with a digital kit that included these patterned papers and accents printed out. I love the end result of hybrid scrapbooking. It's a physical page I can touch and feel with the added bonus of not having to physically store all these different papers and elements!


I enjoy creating pages that I can hold in my hands and can feel the foam letters under my fingertips. Digital supplies helps me keep the amount of stuff in my craft under control and that's environmentally friendly! There are so many positive aspects to both kinds of scrapbooking! ;)


If you would like to give digital or hybrid scrapbooking a try, there are many awesome free tutorials on Two Peas in a Bucket along with free digital kits to help you get started! The digital kit I used to create this page is called 'About a Boy' by Polka Dot Pixels. The kit contains many more papers and accents than I used so you might want to take a look!

How about a hybrid card share?


I created this card with a new digital kit called 'Art Papers IX' by Vinnie Pearce, some Basic Grey chipboard letters and a little heart shaped button.


I kept this card simple for a couple reasons. The first is that this patterned paper from Vinnie's kit is so pretty on it's own that I didn't want to muck it up! The second reason is that the card is for my hubby for Valentine's day so I didn't want to get carried away with lace and gems and feminine stuff! ;)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I {heart} them both !!!!

Lynn (toomanycrayons) said...

I have made a few hybrid cards and love that process for all the reasons you talked about with layouts. I was a little shocked recently to see how many digital kits I have already -- imagine if that was all in products on my shelves !

Clare said...

What an awesome layout!
I love your card! Perfect for a man on Valentines! The heart is cute and sweet, and the paper is gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are both awesome Kathy. Great colors and love the shapes on the scrap page. :o)

Tara Bilbao said...

Kathy - This is so beautiful and simply elegant. I love your color combinations and the dimension of the chip board and little button. I am anxiously awaiting your next digital stamp design.

Tara

Aimes said...

How about AMAZING?! I am seriously in L.O.V.E with your card - stunning!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

cherry said...

Sooo very pretty! cherry

Audrey Pettit said...

Your projects are beautiful, Kathy! You truly rock the hybrid design.

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the both :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...