Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Smell Cake - Design Team Call - First SEI Post

If you love cake you're going to enjoy today's post inspired by this yummy pin by Wendy Sue Anderson and posted on one of Doodlebug's Pinterest boards. As soon as I saw this pin it reminded me of one of my favorite fall activities...baking! 


There's nothing like warming the house on a chilly autumn day and filling it with an irresistibly sweet aroma from the kitchen! I have a recipe for banana bread that I've been baking for nearly 30 years! Yes, I'm that old! Anyway, this recipe is simple, it's delicious, it's moist and it's out of this world! And it really should be called cake!


I bake at least four mini loaves at a time because it's that good and and if by some small miracle you don't eat it all within a couple days, it can wrapped in foil and popped in the freezer to be enjoyed at a later date! It keeps for months and tastes fresh baked when microwaving it for a few seconds before serving.


I also use this cake, I mean banana bread, for quick and easy gift giving. It's a perfectly yummy way to express gratitude. :)


Enough said, here's the recipe...

Banana Bread
1 cup Butter
2 cups Granulated Sugar
4 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Mashed Ripe Bananas
2 1/2 cups Sifted Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
Cinnamon and Sugar for Sprinkling

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in banana. Sift together dry ingredients and add to banana mixture. Mix until well blended. Pour into greased mini loaf pans. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Enjoy!

By the way...in all my excitement to share this recipe with you, I forgot to mention that my card and packaging were created with Doodlebug's Happy Harvest collection! Isn't it adorable? It compliments this bread deliciously, don't you think? ;)

Attention Doodlebug Design fans who have always dreamed of being part of this awesome design team...the call is on! Click here for details.




Last, but certainly not least, it seems like it's been ages since I made the announcement that I'll be joining  SEI's 2014 design team! And guess what? Today is my first post where I share the festive November Card Kit with you and a couple cards I created with it. Hope you have a moment to check it out and leave me some love! ;)


Well that was a long post, but worth it for the cake recipe alone or the Doodlebug design team call info, right? :)

Have a great fall day! 

3 comments:

Chark said...

yum! and love the packaging! How did you do the die cut tree part? Doodlebug product always makes me happy :)

Ruth G said...

I'm with you! I love to bake when the weather turns colder, too! It can even be a pizza, but cookies and bread have the added advantage of making other family members smile! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Wonderful packaging for the mini loafs and fabulous glimpse of your SEI project. I'll be sure to head over and check it out!

sei art studio said...

Please forgive our flakiness, Kathy! The post never went up Thursday. So, those sweet Christmas cards will be on the blog first thing tomorrow.

We are so thrilled to have you on our team and to show off all the cheery holiday projects you have in store this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...