Monday, March 7, 2011

Rabbit Invasion!

Hi!

Spring is in the air! Daylight savings time starts next weekend and our flowering plum tree has started blooming! Ah...my favorite time of year! This weekend I brought out our birds, nests, eggs and rabbits! Lots of rabbits!

Just like Valentine's Day decorating, I like to keep it simple, a little shabby chic vintage, nothing too colorful or over the top. It's easier that way...to just add a few touches to what is already out and to use what we already have in different ways. Would you like to see?


This display in our foyer uses the metal cake stands and frogs that are out year round. The frogs are from different junk hunt trips.


 This rusty rabbit was a flea market find from last spring. I think he was just $6-8.


 I bought these sweet little quail eggs a couple weeks ago at an antique store for just .20 each. They're real and so darling.


Here's a shot of the coffee table where I just added this nest. The rest was already there.


To the console table in the family room I changed the scrabble word from 'love you' to 'spring' and added the vintage German paper mache egg to the wood tote.


On the opposite side of the console table I added the wire egg holder that I got at Home Goods for a song and put our vintage bunny chocolate mold and antique metal eggs in the bread bowl that was already there.


Over the fireplace I made only one small change. These iron rabbits replaced a bird that was perched on the stack of books.


This fifty cent thrift store paper mache duck is sitting in the kitchen window. Just a touch of spring and Easter in the kitchen.


The china cabnet is housing a few rabbits like this Lefton guy...


and this ceramic pair. Aren't they sweet little things?


This pair of rabbits are made of glass and housed candy before plastic containers were invented.


Last, but not least, another thrift store find, this adorable chicken egg cup.

I hope I've inspired you to add a few spring touches to your home. Or at the very least, I hope you enjoyed seeing the decor from our home.

I wish you a wonderful Monday! :) Kathy

5 comments:

cnelson said...

LOVE your gorgeous decor!!

Virginia L. said...

What a TREAT to see your whimisical collections, Kathy!! Thanks for the eye candy on a Monday :)

Lin said...

I LOVE visiting your blog with these kind of posts, Kathy! You've given me lots of ideas for my own home. LOVE these pictures!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love all your sweet spring touches, Kathy! Everything looks SO pretty!

Teresa said...

what can you tell me about your metal cake stands? I just missed a set of three on ebay and i am dying to get my hands on them.... THanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...