Friday, November 26, 2010

Stuffed! And Recipe for Whipped Cream

Oh boy was Thanksgiving fun and delicious! How about yours? Do you feel stuffed like a turkey? I do and our fridge is packed with leftovers! Want to come help me eat them up? ;)

I didn't have a chance to pop in with a post yesterday because I was baking all sorts of yummy things. I made three deserts...pumpkin cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin pie! And I enjoyed every minute of it! I don't always like to cook everyday, but cooking Thanksgiving always makes me happy! And there's nothing like a Thanksgiving meal!


Here's our wonderful pumpkin pie! It's not looking quite so picturesque this morning! ;) I made homemade whipped cream too! Oh it's so heavenly! For those of you who haven't made whipped cream before and think it's difficult...it's not!  Just whip a pint of heavy whipping cream until it starts to become thick. Then add a 1/2 cup sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and whip some more until you start getting some peaks. It's oh so good and can be used on so many things like hot cocoa, fresh fruit....straight spoonfuls! ;)

Well, I'm off to pack away the Thanksgiving pilgrims and pumpkins and unpack the Christmas decorations. You can be sure I'll have some photos to share with you!  Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and that your black Friday is fabulous whatever it is you do today! :) Kathy

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

The pumpkin pie looks SCRUMPTIOUS and GORGEOUS! I love home made whipped cream, too! It is perfectly fitting for a heavly pie like this one :) YUM!

Suzanne C said...

Yummy! Love that you put the leaf pie crust accents! Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Alice said...

mmmm.... this looks so yummy! hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! =)

farmhouse-story said...

love the additon of leaves to the top, kathy! thanks for the whipped cream tip:)

Kristii said...

Looks absolutely delicious!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...